help making grinding station

Chuck Beland

OK, I've never made anything in my life. so I have no construction background. I did pick up a Kreg master jig before my local woodcraft went out of business. I also have some 2' x 4' 3/4" birch ply I got from the borgs. to make it. I want to see if I can make it so my woodcraft 8" grinder used for my turning tools & the Tormek t-7 can go back to back. so all I need to do is spin it around to use one or the other. I am also 5' 11" tall I Have 2 of these wheels 3" caster wheels I need to pick up 2 swiveling locking casters. from somewhere. I was just going to pick up some drawer slides from the borg. I'm not planning on putting heavy stuff in there just light stuff.

My questions are.

1. How tall to make the case with the wheels I got & also for my height also to be able to use the Tormek & woodcraft 8" grinder comfortably.

2. what is the best way to add a couple of drawers.

3. What type of screws to get for the kreg using the 3/4" ply course or fine TPI. Also where to get them at as decent price.

Any other info will be greatly appreciated especially if I haven't asked the question.

OK, I've never made anything in my life. so I have no construction background. I did pick up a Kreg master jig before my local woodcraft went out of business. I also have some 2' x 4' 3/4" birch ply I got from the borgs. to make it. I want to see if I can make it so my woodcraft 8" grinder used for my turning tools & the Tormek t-7 can go back to back. so all I need to do is spin it around to use one or the other. I am also 5' 11" tall I Have 2 of these wheels 3" caster wheels I need to pick up 2 swiveling locking casters. from somewhere. I was just going to pick up some drawer slides from the borg. I'm not planning on putting heavy stuff in there just light stuff.

My questions are.

1. How tall to make the case with the wheels I got & also for my height also to be able to use the Tormek & woodcraft 8" grinder comfortably.

2. what is the best way to add a couple of drawers.

3. What type of screws to get for the kreg using the 3/4" ply course or fine TPI. Also where to get them at as decent price.

Any other info will be greatly appreciated especially if I haven't asked the question.
Hi Chuck; With an 8" grinder on there it will be top heavy with a very good tendency to want to tip. Be certain the foot print is bigger all around than the top.

To my way of thinking as well, 3 casters only will limit the tippyness of the station. 2 on the front corners and the 3rd one centred on the rear edge.

Can't help much with the design of the top! Sorry!

Mark,
Thanks for the pics. I already have my grinder set atop a 4' tall metal base. But it's to hard to grind my turning tools at that height.

Chuck