Thread: Freud Blade, best deal

Freud Blade, best deal

need to replace the ripping blade, glue line rip. 1/8" where is the best deal your tool time shoppers? Freud only!!!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    need to replace the ripping blade, glue line rip. 1/8" where is the best deal your tool time shoppers? Freud only!!!

Larry, any reason Freud only??? I know they are good blades, but there are others out there that are good also. I know of a ripper that is on sale for about $45.00 right now. Won't offer the brand if you are hard set on Freud only. Jim.

edit: Well, looks like the sale price is off...normal price is 51.90
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 01-24-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

well jim, i have got one coming now but i will still answer you and feel that if you have a good alternative then others may like to know.. i have had excellent luck with the freuds, i have two other blades that are quality blades and the ripping one i have has stood up the best of any blade i have used. i have used cmt blades and some others as well.. but if something works aswell as this blade has for me i am going to stay with it if i could have found one of those gold ones like alan bienlien uses then i would have got it i listen to those who have actually used a blade and put it threw it courses ...thats whats nice about the forum folk if it works they tell you, if not they tell you that as well

do you resharpen you saw blades larry? if so, how long or how many times can you resharpen it until you decided to replace it?
    Human Test Dummy

Ballew Saw & Tool Springfield Missouri
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    http://scottssharpening.com/ Carol and I both are very happy customers
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    do you resharpen you saw blades larry? if so, how long or how many times can you resharpen it until you decided to replace it?
    yes i have them resharpened allen,, and that is what will happen to this one but i had no spare so that is why i ordered the second one that way while one is gone for 2 weeks i can have one to use..

Almost sounds like you don't have a local sharpener or they are real busy.

I got a good deal on a Freud GLR blade a few years back. Sears was having a sale buy 1 get one free. So a buddy of mine & I split the cost on that and the same deal on a drawer lock corner joint bit. I still haven't totally figured out the drawer bit. But the blade is great.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Fair enough. I agree, if I'm happy with a product, I tend to want to stay with it. How much did the blade cost, if you don't mind me asking? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3