A Little Morning Proactice

“. . . but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice.” Allen Iverson

Dave I could have done with you today but i got by. Been getting back on the sketchup horse and the idea of daily practice is a great one.

I seem to have a warm up ritual as well when i go to my shop. I tend to spend time cleaning to get back in the mood then start on something. Usually leave my shop as is when i end the time in there so start up by cleaning helps me get back to where i left off.

I think a sketchup drawing could be good. Wish you were in the same time zone we could consider a common bootcamp time where a bunch of sketchup wanna be operators could get together for a work out or work up.

Slowly its coming back to me. But i redrew what i was drawing so many times.

No matter how hard i try i still get to pick points that dont intersect with lines and then have surfaces that are out of whack when i need them to be in a axis plane.

Now there is a good idea! A SketchUp bootcamp with Dave Richards. How would we set that one up? Maybe chatroom session... Surely there is a guru here who could chime in with some technological wonder for this to be pulled off.

A means to demonstrate by Dave, repeat on my own computer in real time and a methodology to ask and answer questions. Could include practice sessions, sort of like homework on a regular basis.

What do you think?

Rob and Carol, the time zone thing could be an issue but beyond that, we have the technology to do something like a bootcamp. I can handle up to 15 people at a time but I've usually done ones and twos. I suppose I could set up homework for people, too. Since it'll all be digital, I won't accept, "The dog ate my homework" excuses. :D