Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually read this document....

Has anyone actually read this document....

http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

and seen this information

http://www.google.com/transparencyre...ests/userdata/

I think Stalin would have loved these guys so would a bunch of the guys from my ex home country gov.

Where have things gone wrong that we now have everything about us being traded by these enormous corporations.

Yet the police have to have a court warrant to get a wire tap. Why waste their time just check with google.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post

Yet the police have to have a court warrant to get a wire tap. Why waste their time just check with google.
    Maybe. But Google won't release that data without a subpoena...

You think that's bad? You should see what the banks and even the grocery stores do with your data...

Thanks,

Bill

here is a question for you,, why does a eye doctor need your S.S number? are they gonna claim our benifits??? i am not even old enough to get some yet
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Debowel the GPS on your phone. Big Brother knows enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    here is a question for you,, why does a eye doctor need your S.S number? are they gonna claim our benifits??? i am not even old enough to get some yet
    Not to worry. There won't be anything left by the time we get there.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Big brother is here, and is here because all of us have opened the doors and let him in. This forum, Twitter, Facebook and many other places have our data, know what we talk about, and to whom we talk. Phone conversations and SMS are stored without any judicial order or whatsoever. Once I had 10 messages in my cell phone, I deleted them, what what my surprise when I got all them back 2 days after!!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Toni,

At least in Europe you have strong data privacy protections. The EU's legislation is the gold standard for the world. Canada's laws, though not quite as extensive, are excellent as well...

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    Toni,

At least in Europe you have strong data privacy protections. The EU's legislation is the gold standard for the world. Canada's laws, though not quite as extensive, are excellent as well...

Thanks,

Bill
    Hi Bill, I'm a complete ignorant about data privacy laws in US, but I can assure you that here, ( or at least in Spain) are made to control you.
    For instance, it is very easy to give away your data, in fact they are asking it more and more for almost anything.
    According to the law you "have the right to cancel, modify or erase that data", however when you try to do it, they put you all the possible barriers.

I tried it once, so when I called a company telling them that I wanted my data erased from their files, they said that I should send them a letter with a copy of my ID card, stating my wish to do so. When I asked wether they would send me a confirmation of having done it they said it wasn't their policy.
    Then, when asked why they wanted my ID card, they said that it was to prevent someone other than me asking for deletion. Then I said, but then you'll have my data again because you'll have my ID card with all the data, so how can I trust you that you'll do what I'm asking?

Here in EU there is what is called the Robinson list, that is a list where you enter your name (again) and suposedly any company trying to send you unwanted mail or e-mail should check that you are not in it before sending it or they risk getting a fine. I wonder if it works.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Maybe. But Google won't release that data without a subpoena...
    l
    And in fairness they DO show how much they give out - at least as best as they can... I actually applaud that part since it shows how much the system is abused. Better to know than not to know...

You think that's bad? You should see what the banks and even the grocery stores do with your data...
    Bill
    Sigh, you don't know the half of it. I know for a fact that walmart (at least) sends (or used to send ~7 years ago and I can't imagine its gotten better) all purchase data and pictures of purchasers (yep and pictures) to a DHS facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    ...I know for a fact that walmart (at least) sends (or used to send ~7 years ago and I can't imagine its gotten better) all purchase data and pictures of purchasers (yep and pictures) to a DHS facility.
    I'm a Walmart shopper, but if I was looking for kooks and weirdos, I'd think Walmart would be a good place to start.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I'm a Walmart shopper, but if I was looking for kooks and weirdos, I'd think Walmart would be a good place to start.
    Why do you think Walmart exists
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com