Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last I checked...It was FRIDAY!!!

Last I checked...It was FRIDAY!!!

Mostly working on the wife's car this weekend changing seals on the transmission and replacing front wheel bearings. Have to then take it for new front tires. Been testing out new software for another photo booth as well as a new camera. May start some design work on it if I get some answers from a supplier. Have some birthdays to go celebrate on Sunday.

What's everyone else got going on?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Not a lot on the calendar so far this weekend. I had been hoping the local "hardware" store would have gotten a new toy for me to play with, but as of lunchtime, they're still trying to get the one I want. (Sportsman's Warehouse has it in stock for less money, but I'd rather buy from the small shop, since they have better after-sales support.) Guess I'll just have to do with the plinkers I've already got for now.

Time and weather depending, I might get started on a rain gutter project at my sister's house.

Sunday afternoon I'll be dropping in on some musician friends of mine who are playing at a local pub.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

A year after I retired (April 2010) I started working part time at the local Do It Best Hardware here in Syracuse, NE. (pop 1,800). Any way I work M-W-F and every third Saturday and tomorrow is my turn. The good news is I get items at cost and I am getting a Freud Glue Line rip blade for just over 40 bucks plus tax. Sunday I'll be working on a bed and dresser for my grand-daughter. Made out of some locally grown locust.

Got a few projects to work on this weekend

1) Making a file cabinet for Sharons Music to sit beside the piano we got her.
    2) Putting in a worm composting bin. Already dug the pit, just need to put in cinder block walls.
    3) Need to level a spot off in the desert as a base for the 8'x12' greenhouse we are going to be putting up.
    4) Need to make some shelves for the shed.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Sat and Sun will be spent working on a grand daughters bed and baby sitting some other grandkids. Pretty quiet weekend.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

A little road trip with the 350 and gooseneck in the morning, then continuing some barn and shop organising. Making the barn floor ready for working on some big stuff in a few weeks. Going to re-assign an old set of shelves to a corner of the shop so supplies and fasteners will have a proper place. Work on The List of nearly-finished little projects cluttering the shop. Get ready for some long-delayed interior trim that we've stopped noticing was missing
    Finally, maybe some tractor therapy if conditions are right (ground frozen so I don't make a muddy mess)
    Sunday morning: wild blueberry pancakes and maple syrup
    Have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    long-delayed interior trim that we've stopped noticing was missing
    Got a few of those on my list as well...
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Got a few of those on my list as well...
    Yup, things you don't notice until there's company coming.

I even custom made the molding already... All I need to do is cut it up and and install it!

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Still working on the bed for our new grandchild. Due date is 3 weeks. Go see dad as he is in the expensive hotel again (hospital). Taking the grandkids to see him.