Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROAD TRIP!

ROAD TRIP!

First, why don't we have a separate forum for road trips?

Second, I spent this week on SoCal visiting friends and making Shaker boxes. It was a few days of R&R, badly needed. I was getting cranky and needed a change of scenery. I took the opportunity and I am in fine fettle again. It was a bunch of fun.

On the way home today, I visited with Glenn Bradley and saw that gorgeous chest he is making up close and personal. Let's just say, pictures don't do it justice.

And speaking of pictures, Glenn took one, so you'll have to wait for him to post it.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

glad you had fun on your trip carol,, them southern CA boys have always had a reputation of having a good time bout time a preacher came to set them straight and as for the separate forum there arent enough folks doing them and the interest isnt there from my perspective..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

It was indeed a wonderful visit from a very enjoyable lady. We were laughing about how our minds work in similar ways. Carol is a jig maker as am I and we both get a kick out of coming up with some clever way to do things safer, easier or more consistently. We got caught up in talking so much I didn't really give her much of a shop tour but, its her second visit so if there was anything she really wanted to see, I know she would ask . Glad you had a safe journey Carol and you sure seemed positively recharged by the time you got to my place so the R&R really worked. We can all learn a thing or two from that.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    ah Glenn, you know the story, No picture ...... well I'll leave the rest up to you.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

i am taking donations to go back to Southern CA to see these mystic clean shops and the sorcerers that rule them and to think that this carol lady has been there twice now

If I include Cali in my bike trip this summer I am thinking I will need at least 2 weeks there. I'm planning a 3-4 week trip. Just do not know yet if it will be cross country or canada , nova scotia.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well Dave if ya find yourself passing anywhere near Phoenix, I can promise ya a great hamburger
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Well, Larry, I used to live there!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

your sure a well traveled lady i do remember not seeing any moss on you

Just got back from dad's and haven't even unloaded yet but, first things first:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carol-Visit-002.jpg  
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke