Thread: Default setting for replies?

Default setting for replies?

Brent,
    since the new and improved version of Vbulletin , I've discovered that I prefer 'advanced' vs 'quick' reply mode when posting to a thread, is there a way to switch to that as my default at the user level (vs admin?)??
    -Ned

Very good question Ned.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Double click any of the reply buttons for the advanced editor, single click for quick reply editor.

Darren
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Double click any of the reply buttons for the advanced editor, single click for quick reply editor.

Darren
    Doesn't work that way for me, Darren. Double clicking still just gives me the Quick version (Dial-up big font, BTW)
    Jim D.
    Adapt...Improvise...Overcome!

It seems to me that the whole premise of "Political Correctness," however well-intentioned it may be, runs the danger of uniform mediocrity becoming the norm.

Double click just gave me "Quick Reply."

Enjoy,

JimB

By the way---On the home page, up at the top, the area marked "Quick Links" is partially hidden by the "write in box" and will not function. If I want to see Today's Posts I have to type it into the box and hit return. It has been that way for several days.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

using Safari, double click opens advanced editor.
    -Ned

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    worked for me and I have no problem seeing the today's Posts under quick link.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C Bradley View Post
    Double click just gave me "Quick Reply."

Enjoy,

JimB

By the way---On the home page, up at the top, the area marked "Quick Links" is partially hidden by the "write in box" and will not function. If I want to see Today's Posts I have to type it into the box and hit return. It has been that way for several days.
    Sounds like your text size is set to large or you're running a pretty low resolution Jim. What is your screen resolution set to? If you don't know how to set it, just let us know what OS you're running and we can get you to the right spot to check it.

Also, what template are you using (drop down box at the bottom)?
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic