Walnut Bowl

Had a customer that came in. She said she had been down to art gallery and seen my turnings but wanted a slightly bigger bowl than I had down there. So on Monday after coring the others I turned this bowl for her. It is 13 1/2" X 3 1/2". She also said she wanted it shiney as it was going to be a display bowl for fruit and she may be used for like dinner rolls. So I finished it with 9 light coats of WOP. I am not that sure about the shine but she loved it. For free walnut and her $75 for it I didn't argue.:D

Attachments

• Walnut Bowl 4.jpg
    Walnut Bowl 4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Walnut Bowl 6.jpg
    Walnut Bowl 6.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 43
Very nice bowl, Bernie. :thumb: I'm with you on the poly shine, but if that's what the customer wants, that what she should have. My only criticism is that you sold it too cheap. ;)

One heck of a shine on that one. As for price you may have sold it to low but lately I would have taken 75 any day.
Dennis

Thank you to all. Vaughn I wish I could sell for more but just can't. Out here I just can't get the prices that can be had in the bigger cities. I had bowls here in the gallery and a craft store at $125 each. They sat for a couple of years. I lowered them to $100 then to $90 and they still sat. When I hit $80 they began to sell. I still have some bowls for $100 to $125 and one sold. So I guess I would rather sell 10 at $75 than 1 at $125. I know I send some bowls and vase to my sister in North Carolina and she gets twice to sometimes two and half times what I get in a tourist shop she puts them in.