SketchUp Drawing Exercise No. 2

there has to be a way you can group select and revers face to do the dovetails on the other end.. and i would think you could do a multiple push pull as well.

no i had that going for me but i think you could take the right side and do the other side with a copy paste in reverse.. then i also think you could select all the pins at once and push at the same time rather than each one separate..this is gonna be interesting to see how the pro does it..

That was me :p I was trying to get your attention....is there a way to shrink the file to the acceptable upload level? Mine came out a hair larger than allowed :eek:

Edit: I also saved the file with the colors added...any way to remove them? :doh:

The first thing I would do is go to Window>Model Info>Statistics and click on Purge Unused. Save the file and see if you can upload it. I don't know what the forum's file size limit is for SKP files.

To get rid of the materials, go to Window>Materials. Click on the house icon to go to the In Model library. Right click on the material thumbnails and choose Delete. Repeat for each material but purge unused first to get rid of any materials you weren't using anyway.

Carol, I didn't mean to make you feel left out. I haven't forgotten about the written instructions. I just haven't had time to finish them.

The first thing I would do is go to Window>Model Info>Statistics and click on Purge Unused. Save the file and see if you can upload it. I don't know what the forum's file size limit is for SKP files.

To get rid of the materials, go to Window>Materials. Click on the house icon to go to the In Model library. Right click on the material thumbnails and choose Delete. Repeat for each material but purge unused first to get rid of any materials you weren't using anyway.

Got it! :D Thank you Dave!!! my original file was something like 169 kb, 150kb is the set limit I believe :dunno:
View attachment dovetailed 2.skp

Got it! :D Thank you Dave!!! my original file was something like 169 kb, 150kb is the set limit I believe :dunno:
View attachment 64845

I didn't know we were including our sketchup file.

see the dog didn't eat my homework

Oh and I forgot that I recessed the ind=side of the top,

Attachments

• friendship box.skp
    75.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: