Hi From NY

Hi Brian and WELCOME to the Forum!!!

I'm a New Yorker. Well I lectured once in NY, NY 40 or 50 years ago. However, the trip really changed my mindset about New Yorkers. I had lectured a few weeks earlier in Boston where everyone is supposed to be cultured. I don't know where they find the time to get culture they are so busy giving each other the finger and yelling at each other on the streets and sidewalks, etc.

I had been told how gruff and crude New Yorker's were. Well everyone in NY was polite and helpful. No one needed a one-finger salute to or from the cabs and limos I rode in. I think the two cities got their reputations mixed up somewhere in the past.

Again, I bid you welcome.

Enjoy,

JimB

Hi from another New Yorka, big day tomorrow for the big blue!!!

I am about to build an end grain butcher block and I chose a finish of mahoney's walnut oil and mahoney's oil wax finish. My delema is the site where I found this idea I can no longer remember how to find it. Hoping someone can help me with my problem, How much oil and how much wax to finish my board.

Mike

Hi from another New Yorka, big day tomorrow for the big blue!!!

I am about to build an end grain butcher block and I chose a finish of mahoney's walnut oil and mahoney's oil wax finish. My delema is the site where I found this idea I can no longer remember how to find it. Hoping someone can help me with my problem, How much oil and how much wax to finish my board.

Mike

Mike welcome and one of our members has done a ton of cutting boards and he has a site where he talks about his finish, His name is Vaughn McMillan look him up and then go to his site.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah it is a big day for the G men, hopefully they can pull off the win. As far as projects, I like carving, small figures, relief carving. I also attempt modest projects, like simple outdoor chairs and tables. Thanks for all the future help I'm sure to ask for!