Greenhouse

Got to do a little work on the doors today.

The other day I prepped up some relatively straight construction grade 2x4's and planed them down to 1 1/4" x 2 1/2". Not sure how I settled on those dimensions, but just seemed right.

So, since it's a greenhouse, I figured I could have just screwed the door together, but since I've got a fancy schmancy mortise machine and tenon jig for the table saw, why not give them a little exercise. So I did.

image (6).jpg image (7).jpg
image (8).jpg

Good use of mortise machine, what you going to clad the doors in ? Looks like from here the pine is starting to go its own way and putting a cup on the door, will make for a place for those critters out your way to get inside. I will be interested to see how one can prevent that?

Good use of mortise machine, what you going to clad the doors in ? Looks like from here the pine is starting to go its own way and putting a cup on the door, will make for a place for those critters out your way to get inside. I will be interested to see how one can prevent that?

I think the phone cam is making things look a little wonky in that last picture. It's all actually pretty straight.

I'm going to route a channel around the front of the doors and will be putting in some twin-wall poly carbonate panels.