Randy at Monster Lathe Tools - Updated 3-3-2012

It's with great sadness that I bring this news, but despite recent small improvements in his health, Randy passed away unexpectedly Friday morning. The exact reason is still unclear, but suffice to say his daughter was very distraught Friday when we spoke on the phone. She did ask that I let his friends know of his passing. She and her husband are also intending to continue fulfilling tool orders, and will be keeping the web site open for now.

I just though you all should know. I'm sure your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

I did not know Randi but its quiet a shock to hear he has passed when just the other day he was getting back to it.
Condolences to all his family the news has got to be tough to cope with.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

What a terribly sad turn of events. Just when we get some good news, the worst happens. This is a tremendous loss to the turning community. He was definitley one of the good guys-took very good care of me when I got my hollowing system. It would be nice if his designs could be continued by his family or even someone else if the family was so inclined. It would be a nice tribute to Randy to see his work continue.

My deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to his family and friends.