Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: follow me exercise

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

follow me exercise

Just playing around with sketchup and learning the follow me tool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	follow me exercise.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	64834
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Looking good, Don.

I'm finding that Follow Me is a great tool for many things. This is a fairly simple item, but I needed it to add to a bathroom and closet remodel I'm planning.

I used Follow Me to make an individual wire for a shelf assembly by having a small circle follow two edges of a rectangle.

Name:	ShelfWire_end.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	64836

Another thing Dave demonstrated was using a multiplier with Move/Copy. I took one of the wires, used Move/Copy to space it over 1", then typed *69 to make a total of 70 to fill the length I needed.

Name:	ShelfWire_oa.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	64837
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    Looking good, Don.

I'm finding that Follow Me is a great tool for many things. This is a fairly simple item, but I needed it to add to a bathroom and closet remodel I'm planning.

I used Follow Me to make an individual wire for a shelf assembly by having a small circle follow two edges of a rectangle.

Name:	ShelfWire_end.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	64836

Another thing Dave demonstrated was using a multiplier with Move/Copy. I took one of the wires, used Move/Copy to space it over 1", then typed *69 to make a total of 70 to fill the length I needed.

Name:	ShelfWire_oa.jpg 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	64837
    That is cool I was just now messing with the multi copy tool
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

this is as close as i am gonna get to lathe,,,

Name:	spinny leg.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	64842
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Not bad Larry

Larry, you did good on your spinny thingy!

Don, I practiced with the Move/Copy multiply and divide function also (still practicing). When I did the dovetails, I drew the top tail, used it to Move/Copy to the bottom tail position, then typed /2 to add the center tail exactly in the middle. I think I'm going to like that functionality!
    Bill Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    Larry, you did good on your spinny thingy!

Don, I practiced with the Move/Copy multiply and divide function also (still practicing). When I did the dovetails, I drew the top tail, used it to Move/Copy to the bottom tail position, then typed /2 to add the center tail exactly in the middle. I think I'm going to like that functionality!

hmmm something new to play with

simple table with double bevel.. now when you done the move in /2 bill that put it in the middle? also you had to do that agin on the opposite side right,, looking at the same face..

Name:	table w-double bevel.jpg 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	64843
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

shoot Larry your making it look easy

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    ... now when you done the move in /2 bill that put it in the middle? also you had to do that agin on the opposite side right,, looking at the same face..
    I made the tails and pins on one corner, then turned the box and repeated on the other end of the end piece. To save some time, I then deleted the end with the hole in it and copied the end with the pins into that position. With the pins showing through on both of those corners, it was easy to use them as a pattern to draw lines, then push the 'waste' away from the tails. To complete the assembly, I put the lid back in place (after moving the nut and pin) so I could drill a new hole.

By the way, you did good on your table!
    Bill Arnold