Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lie Nielsen Road show coming to town

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GTA Ontario Canada
    Posts
    12,256

    Lie Nielsen Road show coming to town

    Well for those of you that live close enough Lie Nielsens roadshow is coming to town (Stouffville, (north of Toronto) Ontario, Canada) March 30 - 31 . This is going to be at my "local" lumber mill. Looking forward to going to play with some of their tools. Hope Bill S has left some in the store for others.

    http://www.centurymill.com/home.html
    cheers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Well for those of you that live close enough Lie Nielsens roadshow is coming to town (Stouffville, (north of Toronto) Ontario, Canada) March 30 - 31 . This is going to be at my "local" lumber mill. Looking forward to going to play with some of their tools. Hope Bill S has left some in the store for others.

    http://www.centurymill.com/home.html

    I was going to say that they have a separate reserve for Canadians and you did not have to worry, but then I noticed that before the Canadian show arrives in Toronto, it stops in Alberta where Garry Zimmel lives.

    Seriously, the way it works in the states is, you get free shipping if you order from the show. Problem is, if they sell you the item at the show in Washington State they have to charge you sales tax because of the state laws. The way I avoid sales tax is that I get from them a voucher that is good for 30 days from the shows date that allows me free shipping. It is a uniquely numbered voucher that you indicate on your online order, but it probably is better to order over the phone. Most people don't know about this as they do not seem to advertise the availability of the voucher. Just ask the exhibitors about it. Of course this may be different in the Canadian shows and you might not be able to get around GST or whatever they call it now.

    So Rob, do you have your eye on anything in particular?
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delton, Michigan
    Posts
    17,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    I was going to say that they have a separate reserve for Canadians and you did not have to worry, but then I noticed that before the Canadian show arrives in Toronto, it stops in Alberta where Garry Zimmel lives.

    Seriously, the way it works in the states is, you get free shipping if you order from the show. Problem is, if they sell you the item at the show in Washington State they have to charge you sales tax because of the state laws. The way I avoid sales tax is that I get from them a voucher that is good for 30 days from the shows date that allows me free shipping. It is a uniquely numbered voucher that you indicate on your online order, but it probably is better to order over the phone. Most people don't know about this as they do not seem to advertise the availability of the voucher. Just ask the exhibitors about it. Of course this may be different in the Canadian shows and you might not be able to get around GST or whatever they call it now.

    So Rob, do you have your eye on anything in particular?
    i think he is looking for a number 4.5 smoother for me for being such a great guy bill
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    i think he is looking for a number 4.5 smoother for me for being such a great guy bill
    Let me guess, he is also going to deliver it to you! Rob, what a guy!
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Similar Threads

  1. Getting ready for my first show this coming weekend...
    By Chuck Ellis in forum Lathe Project Showcase
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 02:18 AM
  2. Lie Neilson Road Show comes to town...calling woodworkers close to Toronto UPDATE
    By Rob Keeble in forum Neander Tool Questions and Show & Tell
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 09:21 AM
  3. first crafts show this coming weekend
    By Dan Noren in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
  4. Santa is coming to town...
    By Bill Simpson in forum New Tools
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
  5. Taking the Show on the Road
    By Vaughn McMillan in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •