An......... OH CRAP moment !

Not funny but ........
Wife came home, 1st... Jake went to look at a pick up today , I still had not told my wife about the motorcycle sitting in the garage.... Well 1st thing she ask when she walked in: well what year and Model is it? I said: the bike? She said: what bike? Myself thinking: Oh no she was asking about the pick up. CATS GOT PUT OF THE BAG!. I'M still sleeping in the bed so it went ok. whew!

She cool with it , ask Larry, I'd be looking for a new place to sleep if not . :doh:

Doesn't the "trade" happen when you pickup the new one? ;)

You are a brave, but have a friend that makes those type of decisions often. He always says "Sometimes you just got to be your own man". :)

No one can say ; Hawk is not his own man. :thumb::thumb::D

Well she never goes in the garage, leaves for work before I do and gets home after me. I was good with it just sitting in the there for as long as it took.

She did say: I was wondering why you were being so nice. :rofl:

I have a BIL who collects guns. His gun SAFES are in the basement. He keeps a rifle in their coat closet up stairs. My sister can't help but see a rifle everytime she hangs up a coat. He will buy a new rifle...put it in the coat closet and take the previous one to the basement. When she asks...he honestly says....Oh yeah! I've had that one for a while. He believes it eases her into recognizing the new purchase.

OTOH...my sister while visiting is the one who told me of his method. It helps to have an understanding wife. LOL!

If I have to dip into the family funds to buy something, then we talk about it, if I buy it from my own funds, (yes I get a monthly allowance and whatever else I earn doing odd jobs for people) then that is my decision, period. When I did the Kooza chairs, that was a $10,000 payday, but that all went towards paying for the daughter's schooling in Canada but that was a special case.

I knew a guy in high school his dad bought a new snowmobile every winter, it had to be yellow and black. One year they did not have a yellow and black machine, he would not buy it, the salesman was shocked, but the guy said his wife had almost no interest in the snowmobiles, she was an indoor person in the winter, she would look out the window and see the yellow and black snowmobile on the trailer and never comment, if he brought home a green or red one, she sure as heck would have said "Is that a new machine?" :D
As far as I know, he got away with it... :thumb:

When I bought the Sporty in July and told here I was taking the van down to Va to drop off a shotgun and a crossbow so I did not have to carry one or the other on the bike she said: then what will you do for hunting around here...............? The phone rang... LOL