Thread: Really bad week.

Westphalia, Michigan

Really bad week.

Am having a real bad week. My neighbor was run over by their payloader Tuesday morning in the dark. The operator never saw him and he was warned many times not to be where he was. He made it through surgery after being air lifted to the Hospital but died the next morning. The guy absolutely loved farming and had just retired a few years ago from his career in the auto industry. At 68 years old he was doing what he loved so they find some comfort in that. Say a prayer or two for his family if you would. RIP Butch.

I use the payloader doing the same job for them on weekends. You sure can't stress safety enough. Had a few near misses with him myself and told him more than once to be more careful.
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

Reno NV
    Man that's rough Paul. Safety is nothing to mess with that's for sure...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Sad news indeed.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Delton, Michigan
    sorry to hear of your loss paul... at least it wasnt you doing the driving..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Indianapolis area
    Tragedy indeed Paul. Prayers for all.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

North of Reno, NV...middle of the desert
    Prayers and thoughts to all. Such a needless tragedy.

ABQ NM
    Always sorry to see news like this. I knew someone years ago who died in a similar manner on a construction site. He was an asphalt crew foreman, and he was run over by one of his own trucks.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Kansas City, Missouri
    Man, sorry to hear this. Never good to hear about something that could have been prevented. Prayers to all.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

GTA Ontario Canada
    Real sorry to hear of this Paul had our own bit of similar sad news from SA this week seems its going around. Must be real tough on the driver.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Nova Scotia, 45N 64W
    I'm so sorry to hear this Paul. As Rob said, it seems like the theme for the week. Funeral for a great friend and truly gifted metal fabricator is this morning in our little town, killed in an accident in his own shop.
    Be careful out there. Things we routinely do without a thought can reach out and kill or injure when we least expect it.