Canadian from Niagara

Roger Tulk

I was born in England but was kidnapped at the age of eight by gypsies, who brought me to Canada and traded me to a band of Inuit. I escaped after ten years and made my way by snowshoe, dog sled, kayak and canoe to southern Ontario. I worked at several jobs, but eventually a job counsellor pointed out that my experience softening seal pelts by chewing them suited me admirably for a job in the Federal Civil Service, where I have worked the last 22 years. I have four adult kids, a wife and two lovely dogs, and do most of my woodworking in the driveway in the good weather.

I recently had a quadruple bypass, but by the time spring comes I think I'll be able to do some actual work. I have a few projects in mind, and my wife is hoping I will actually finish one.

I hope we will enjoy our time together. :thumb:

Welcome to the family Roger we have quiet a few Canadians in the family that participate regularly few even do so from Japan.
Take it easy on the recovery look forward to seeing some of your projects in the spring.
Hope you enjoy your time here with us, no kidnappers here though.;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fold Roger. Driveway woodworking is an honorable past time and practiced by many here, including me. Looking forward to seeing you up and running this spring.

Welcome aboard, Roger. :wave: Glad to have you here.

...I escaped after ten years and made my way by snowshoe, dog sled, kayak and canoe to southern Ontario...

Wow, you too, huh? :highfive: For me it was clown shoes, four-poster bed, unicycle, and '63 Ford Falcon to southern California, but other than that, it was exactly the same. :D

no kidnappers here though.;)

Welcome Roger. Be careful, Rob is not being exactly honest with you. There are multiple bands of Gypsies on this forum. The Vortex tribe will try to kidnap you (and your wallet) with the promise of instant gratification in the spinny-world. The Neanders will try to kidnap you (and your wallet again) and enslave you to a world devoid of electrons. The Old-Arn tribe will try to kidnap you (and yes, your wallet) with promises of old-world craftmanship and heavy metal joy hiding just under that layer of rust and grunge.