Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 2/17 edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday! 2/17 edition

I've got a 3 day weekend. Will be working on some photo booth stuff tonight as I'll be doing my niece's b-day party tomorrow night. Sunday I'll be doing some pickup around the shop and moving more stuff around. I may try to get the CNC router setup again to play with. Monday we've got to drop my wife's car off to get a seal changed, was quoted $35 and told that they had already done a couple this week for the same kind of car. Owner was a real nice guy to talk to, so hopefully I'll be able to finally give some faith to a local car shop.

So what's everyone else got going on?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Plainwell, Michigan
    Continuing working on re-organizing and set up of the shop expansion

new york city burbs
    visiting my niece in school.
    Last edited by allen levine; 02-17-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Human Test Dummy

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    The bed.
    The bed.
    The bed.

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    Retirement means I have lots more time to do woodworking; right?

No. Retirement means that I have to scrounge and plot to find time to do woodworking. That is because being retired means that you have time to do (add any 1,000 tasks that apply to you) ________. And because of these 1,000 tasks that you now have time to do, you have to scrounge to find time to do woodworking.

Enjoy (if you can find time),

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

ABQ NM
    Saturday I'll be spending one more day with LOML before she heads back home. Sunday I'll be moping around the house and feeling lonely. Monday I'll be enjoying the fact that I work for a government contractor and we get all the federal holidays off with pay.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Outside the beltway
    Got to show up in the shop in the morning to hand out some furniture and then taking off for the open road for the day. Maybe Sunday too.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

falcon heights, minnesota
    working on a design for a cradle for some friends of ours. being just plain lazy on saturday, then back to work on sunday.
    benedictione omnes bene

Thomasville, GA
    Friday: I was actually back in my shop for a short while today doing a bit to some components of my credenza project that I'm still trying to get on track after dealing with a lot of Winter allergy issues the past month! I'm also working on elements of a remodel of our master bathroom on SketchUp.

Saturday: The NASCAR drought is over!!! Needless to say, I'll be in front of the big screen a large part of the day!

Sunday: Should be a lazy day. I'll prepare brunch as usual. Then, if the weather cooperates, a couple of ribeyes will make their way to the grill later in the day.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

DSM, IA
    Tonight a quiet night at the house. I will be drinking plenty of water in preperation for the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival tomorrow. I might be a bit bloated after 6hrs of bacon and beer so the rest of the weekend will be for recovery.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website