Beginners Router?

Congrats. :thumb: Sounds like you're well on the path that most of us have followed...I think some of us have lost count of how many routers we own. :D

I got my table for the radial arm saw built today. For the front table I used some oak plywood that had. It is 17 1/4 x 35 1/4. I put the blade in the ripping position with the indicator set at 0. I lined up the back of the front table with the inside of the blade. I then marked the holes for the 1/4-20 bolts that will hold the table down to the stand. Once that was done I drilled the 6 holes for the t-nuts that will be used to level the table. I counter sunk the holes so that the t-nuts would be below the surface of the table. I then installed the front table. The next thing I did was remove the blade and turn the motor down toward the table. I moved the carriage to the six spots checking to see if the table was level. I used a scale to do this. I put the scale down on the table and lowered the motor down until the shaft touched the scale. I lowered it until there was a little friction on the scale when I moved it between the table and motor shaft. I did this at all six points on the table until all six spots were the same. It took a few tries doing this. The fence and the back table were the next thing to be done. I used oak also for these too. I am not doing the 3 part table since I will not be ripping on the radial arm. I made the back table 6 inches wide. Table and fence are both square with the blade. Over all I enjoyed building the table. It sure was hot in the garage LOL. Had to break out the old box fan. I read a lot of web pages and the manual that came with the saw to get down the method of how to do the table.
Tomorrow I am going to start building some corn hole boards for my brother. They really liked playing the game when they came up last week for my daughter's graduation.

Greg

Well I got my new blade for the RAS Saturday (Freud LU91M010) . I installed the blade and checked the alignment of the new blade with the table and the fence. Made my first cuts on two by fours and they came out really square. The cuts came out very clean also. I think I am going to really like using it.

I am looking at different hold down clamps to install on the table that will hold down the material while I am making the cut. Just trying to be as safe as possible.

Greg

Greg that Craftsman router looks nice. Craftsman stuff has fallen somewhat out of favor lately but that looks real good for the price. The radial arm saws scare me but I am sure that my brother severing all but the skin on 4 fingers contributes to that fear. His fingers are still really a mess but he has adapted well. And he still has the saw and uses it from time to time. Unasked for advice but be super careful as there has been enough blood shed on this forum lately. That said enjoy your new purchases. And pleas post pictures of your projects!