Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Nevada shop

New Nevada shop

I rented a property that included a 24' x 36' garage. Moving in is in process. Availability of electricity is an issue, as is the fact of no trusses, just rafters. And, yes the the ridge board is not a straight line!

First issue is lighting. Working on it. Also, have a new computer and have not yet figured out the picture thing. So have patience. Will be looking for some input on organization later.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Sound like a nice sized space. I'm sure the power issues can be worked out.

Darren
    Darren

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

You might just inspire me to call the electrician out to run a sub pane to my garage... Keep us posted!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Good size shop. I wish mine was that big. Did you ever get to finish the old RAS setup you were working on ?
    So mote it be,

Your new shop all in ONE ROOM looking forward to seeing the progression of the set up

Hello Carol
    Congratulations on the new shop. So happy to hear from you again and to hear the news that you got a new shop. Welcome back.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

24 x 36!! A person can do a lot with that amount of space. Congrats. Can you run a long extension cord to the shop now?
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Congratulations, Carol! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new shop.
    Bill Arnold - Website - ShopCam
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    Ignorance is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the marrow!
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    You might just inspire me to call the electrician out to run a sub pane to my garage... Keep us posted!
    hey brent maybe she is close enough the two of yo could work on the table and each others shop in unison.. now wouldnt that be a thread to watch
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

The garage has an electrical panel, but it is woefully inadequate. This is a rental, so I am unikely to sink any significant money into it. The box did have room to replace one breaker with a double breaker and so I did - not that finding one to fit wasn't a challenge! There will be three circuits for outlets, one for lights and one 30 amp 220V for the saw and lathe. Got lucky there. Previous owner thought to put the washer and dryer out there. Never happened. While there are drains, there is no water supply.

I have two more 'strings' of lights to hang which are switched into three zones and that project will be done. Then it is on to the outlet situation.

Working in the photo thing. I just got a new MacBook, so am learning new things. Be patient. Pictures will come.

But it is also Advent, the Christmas season. Some of you can appreciate what that does to a preacher's calendar of events!

And, yeah, Tom, all under ONE roof! LOL!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed