Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this saw worth anything?

Is this saw worth anything?

On another site someone had this posted. Kinda neat but I can't believe that you are expecting to believe that cutting 3/4" oak that blade will last to long. Neat concept though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ruwZ...layer_embedded

Cool concept, but I'd have a hard time parting with $1385.00 to experience that concept.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

$1300+ and nylon or whatever gears to wear out. Be neat for someone that does segmenting I would think
    "We the People ......"

Have been thinking about this saw all afternoon and I think this could be made as a homebuild. I think someone could make one cheep enough that it would be worth the try. However the blade is what gets me. I'd think something like a back saw or the like but nothing I have could or would be that egressive. Hand saws to me would be slow work. I'll have to think about this concept more before I file it. Still a cool idea for someone building small parts though.

Looks like a pretty neat tool. I like it. Should be priced less than $300.00 though.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

That is pretty cool!!!! And c'mon Vaughn, you are working again. Get one of these and a mini for the bachelor pad.
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ed sautter View Post
    Have been thinking about this saw all afternoon and I think this could be made as a homebuild. I think someone could make one cheep enough that it would be worth the try. However the blade is what gets me. I'd think something like a back saw or the like but nothing I have could or would be that egressive. Hand saws to me would be slow work. I'll have to think about this concept more before I file it. Still a cool idea for someone building small parts though.
    The blade is basically a Japanese saw. Very thin, very fast cutting, even in hard wood. The mechanism controls depth and position, so the cuts are amazingly precise.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at www.solowoodworker.com

I've used this saw, had hands on here a couple of years back, met the guy the runs that company.
    You could not build this saw for $300, it is a precision instrument. The fit finish and quality on this unit is hard to believe until you actually use it and take a good look at it, which I did. Would I buy one? Most likely not, but for some people who need the precision that this tool offers it would be well worth the money. It is a very specialized tool for a very specialized market, and I'm very happy to see that such a market exists and that they are making a fair living at it.

This is one amazing piece of kit, don't knock it if you have not seen it in the flesh, and understand that it is NOT for mass consumption.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I have to think, "Do I really need one of these?" when I can make all those cuts with the tools I have, and a little time, which I have plenty of.

Its quiet amazing check out this video in it he uses this saw.

http://abouna.smugmug.com/Commercial...rmFfD&lb=1&s=A

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    cheers