Next Homework Exercise?

Finally i have the drawer,, unsquareness in this program is the pits!!!! and i dont know how it does it.. also dave i got another knob question for you.. i keep gettin a hole just in the top of the knob?/
Dave-Class-H 2.jpg

also why does the hide function not always let the piece show back up? i lost 1 side last night and a end this am but the end came back after i told it to unhide the second time...will send you the knob file.. it was made on the line and i blew it up as far as i go get it on the monitor.. also how do you get a choice of scaling up in a number of times my measurement box wouldnt let me type anything..and one last thing can you make a template file for the white back ground and the suggested tools for the free program.. there wasnt to much to ask was it:) i got way more hours in making this drawer than if i had done it wood for real!!!

Good job, Larry. Yes, indeed. Being out of square is a big problem so learning to maintain square is a primary skill.

Hole in the knob? I'd have to say it is due to not scaling up enough. After you select the knob and get the Scale tool, you need to start scaling by dragging a green scale handle. Then you should be able to type something like 100 and hit Enter. Then use Zoom Extents so you can see the whole thing.

As to the template and list of toolbars, I'll send that to you.

With practice you'll get faster at the drawing and it should end up saving you time in the shop.

well dave when i made the side and frnt i had watched for the red axis and the green and such.. these sides were off maybe aline thickness.. is there some key, like the shift key to maintain axis control? it wasnt the first set of sides i made i made three sets to get this to work and 3 frnts.. also it wasnt the back ends of the sides that didnt work, just the frnt ends of the sides???

You can lock axis direction with the Shift key after beginning to draw a line of move an entity. You can also use the cursor keys (arrows) but I don't care for them because I have to reach across the keyboard with my left hand and look at the keyboard. I don't have to do that with the Shift key. In addition, the Shift key will also lock off axis directions such as when you are following a diagonal guideline. The cursor keys don't allow that.

a reference would be good.. in my mind, (have to many loose screws)_ i dont see me needing to make many screws for the projects ahead i would just make a circle and be done with it if that.. but i know that this exercise has other merits in how to make other models or parts of..

:rofl: I don't know what happened in the color dept. After making the cone, I made a separate 'head", and when I connected/joined them the cone took on a strange hue :huh::dunno: so I reversed the faces trying to get something more balanced looking.

As to my threads, I just drew arcs on the face and called it done :eek::D

I can't for-see using such minute details, as in screws for anything I might draw for my projects, but it would be nice to find a tutorial for reference ;)

You're welcome guys.

Ken, I think Larry is going to say you are polishing my apple. :D

Nice desk and blackboard.

Did you apply the material to the faces or the components? ;)