Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes this forum faster vs. slower

What makes this forum faster vs. slower

I know that most all the hunting forums are slow right now but thats to be expected ....nothing is in season.

But wood never goes out out, work and creativity never stops. Oh there may be a brain freeze , mind block, cut finger here or there but nothing to really stop cause stoppage except.......................

for me I get a little miffed @ having to remain quite at times. You all know what I mean.

So what is your excuse...........................?
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Working too much at my day job
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Recovering from a surgery that effected my equilibrium. Spinning blades and bits don't mix well with a guy who staggers like a drunk......
    Ken
    ------

I have no excuse...projects and pics to follow after this weekend!

Unless I get sidetracked with something else....
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Recovering from a surgery that effected my equilibrium. Spinning blades and bits don't mix well with a guy who staggers like a drunk......
    Ken , know your in my prayers. Stay away from electrical tooth brushes. You don't want to get your tong all twisted

Also although I am not here a bit of the time dosn't mean that your not in my thoughts. I refer the forum to customers all the time who are home wood workers.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Dave,

I am actually doing quite well.

I have recovered most of my equilibrium and don't stagger like a drunk any more. In fact, I picked back up on an oak entertainment center that was interrupted by my surgery. I can hear and understand human voices even in a noisey situations like restaurants. I attended a movie a week ago tonight and heard every word. I hear music, some pretty accurate, some shallow due to missing frequencies and a small percentage distorted. Due to audio quality issues, television audio and telephone audio are still a struggle but...... I am considering turning the closed captioning off on my television. Though I still struggle with telephones (that is normal for someone after first getting a cochlear implant) last night my youngest son called from Houston and I talked with him for 20-25 minutes until my wife got home. I got off because it is literally a mental struggle to hear on the phone at this time. It was the first and longest phone call we had since I became deaf nearly 2 years ago. He told my wife that after 2 years it was a joy to have a 20 minute phone conversation with Dad during which Dad could understand the vast majority of what he said.

I am doing extremely well!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!
    Ken
    ------

Still getting use to the new medications......but I am still in the shop at least an hour a day. Just finding busy work
    Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes!

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.

I've actually done a couple of woodworking projects lately...guess I should get them posted. Most of my time has been eaten up testing out new booth software and designing booth screen layouts lately. Also have been spending a lot of time on my website and doing marketing. Has been paying off though, have a gig this weekend and got a contract for a wedding in July this week.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

My excuse is I've just had a lot of non-woodworking projects going on. Been posting some of them here. Really want to get back to woodworking, but seems like things are just getting in the way...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

glad to hear the news Darren.

I have made it to my shop and will post a few things soon.
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 02-25-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    cheers