It's Friday! 2/24 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Have a gig tomorrow afternoon to get ready for, so doing some shopping and booth setup tonight. Will probably be doing some post-processing of images tomorrow and unwinding after our gig. Sunday my wife signed us up to go to a bridal show since we couldn't get a spot, she figured we might as well go and check out the competition and make some new connections. Sunday afternoon I plan to continue some shop organization and clean-up.

What's everyone else got going?

Friday: Shop time - mostly on my credenza along with a bit of cleanup. Dinner with LOML at Ruby Tuesday tonight.

Saturday: Probably a little shop time but I also have yard work to do, weather permitting.

Sunday: As usual, I'll prepare brunch. Then, the Daytona 500!!!!!

I had plans of doing some yard clean up but the 4" of snow we got last night put that on the back burner. :D Tomorrow some shop time and then watching the Jayhawks hopefully crush the Misery Tigers, Rock Chalk!!...Sunday more shop time if possible.

Well, I just got out of the shower, so I'm pretty well set for the weekend :D
Do need to hustle up some firewood if I want to hang out in the shop...bitter-sweet to say, my scrap collection is long gone.
Yep add another watching folks go round & round on Sunday...Vrrrrooom

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have a fair amount of work-work to do this weekend. No shop time (no shop anyway), but I'll probably spend some time getting my bachelor pad back to normal after having my wife out to visit all of last week. You know, things like putting away the scented candles, stacking a few dirty dishes in the sink, and putting the toilet seat back into the upright position. :D

Time and weather permitting, I might also try to get to the outdoor shooting range to do some paper punching. I've been visiting the indoor range pretty regularly, but I'd like to reach out and touch some stuff that's a bit farther away than an indoor range allows.

This evening we are going out to dinner with the oldest son and his wife to celebrate my wife's Sunday birthday. Tomorrow we will fight forecasted winter weather to Spokane to attend a day long scroll saw class. Sunday....I plan on doing all the cooking and let my wife do what ever she desires. Who knows? After Saturday's class she may want to go to the shop and use her new Excalibur EX-21 scroll saw.

Got a few odds and ends done today, like get the bike out of winter storage, charge the battery, wipe the dust off and get it on the road for the first time this year! What fun! Also got an old oak farm table cleaned up and waxed. Now I need to round up some help to get it from the shop into the dining room. Then I rigged some dust collection piping from teh table saw to the vac. Nothing fancy. Hopefully effective.

Tomorrow I will work on a backboard over one bench where I will hang measuring and layout tools. And take a bike ride. Also prepare for Sunday services. Sunday is booked. :) :)

I recruited some help from the wife to help me rip and plane the 2 bed rails for the bed I'm making. Hopefully I can start the finish on it this weekend.

A few of the kids and grandkids are coming over for Sunday dinner :thumb: