Have you Ever !

So this is how it works ask a "have you ever" , maybe something you have done , answer the question and the person below answers it,then asks another"have you ever" question.

Have you ever cut yourself to the point where stitches are needed and you just wrap a leather strap around the wound and keep on truck'en ?

Last edited:
So this is how it works ask a "have you ever" , maybe something you have done , answer the question and the person below answers it,then asks another"have you ever" question.

Have you ever cut yourself to the point where stitches are needed and you just wrap a leather strap around the wound and keep on truck'en ?

have you ever been between a sow black bear and her two cubs in the dark..?

I thought I had once, turned out it was the wife and a pair of twinkies....tense moment fer sure :D

Have you ever stopped to think and forget to start again?

have you ever been between a sow black bear and her two cubs in the dark..?

Brown bear and a cub in a tree one side and another in a tree on the other.. but in the daylight. Just backed away real slow like..

Have you ever just given the horse his head and nodded off figuring he'd make it back to the barn on his own.. ?

Have you ever just given the horse his head and nodded off figuring he'd make it back to the barn on his own.. ?

Yes, I was 15 years old and driving a team with a wagon/sleigh load of logs we had hauled out of the bush, it was early in the evening, it was dark, and I had been at work for about 14 hours. The horses made it back to their stable about four miles away. So did the load! So did I!

Have you ever sipped water that has just come off the glacier at the head of the Ganges river?

Frank drinking from the primary source of the Ganges -small.JPG Murali and Jim with the glacier Gaumukh in background -small.JPG

Last edited:
have given a horse his head but i wasnt noddin off:) you get a pucker award ryan..

Heh, not nearly as risky as it sounds. An old ranch horse who's done the trail for 10 years knows the way back just as well as you do.. and probably wants to get back to the barn worse than you after a 14+ hour day. There are some horses I wouldn't do that with :D Let me add one with actual pucker factor.

Have you ever grabbed a sagebrush and kicked free of the saddle just as your horse slides off over the sidehill into a ravine? (we were both ok but I was a bit concerned there for a while - he paid more attention to the trail after that - flatland horses in hill country are.. risky).

Have you ever sipped water that has just come off the glacier at the head of the Ganges river?

Nice!

Have you ever jumped into a lake on a hot summer day to find out that the other end has an actual glacier feeding into it (had some choice words for my cousin on that one)?

Have you ever jumped into a lake on a hot summer day to find out that the other end has an actual glacier feeding into it (had some choice words for my cousin on that one)?

No
Have you ever stepped out of a boat in what looked like a foot of water, and never hit the bottom?

no , but have sunk up to my shoulders in a ravine in the winter hunting snowshoes, the rabbits won:) even the dogs got stuck:)

have you ever had your hard hat, face sheild and safty glasses all ruined in a split second and all the hair outside gone?

no , but have sunk up to my shoulders in a ravine in the winter hunting snowshoes, the rabbits won:) even the dogs got stuck:)

Nope, but have you ever been skiing around the "tree bowls" and had one of your friends disappear in a puff of powder (short version: don't ski into the tree bowls)?

have you ever had your hard hat, face sheild and safty glasses all ruined in a split second and all the hair outside gone?

Yikes! I bet there's a good story there!

the helper,, got a whole nuther understanding in what and when to do things:) thanks goodness for safty equipment..

not been in tree bowls ,,but what about wading a stream at night with a lantern and come up to what looks like a shallow shelf of black silt, but was a very deep hole, the lights went out :)