Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had to do it

Just had to do it

Well the boy's dad got him a daisy BB gun for xmas. (They have yet to use it)
    Well knowing how them things work I decided that if the boy was going to learn how to shoot it was going to be with a gun that would shoot. Not the same old spring loaded BB gun I had when I was a kid. So we went out today and picked this up.
    I got it all sighted in for him and turned him loose. Told him he can't move up from laying until he can shoot a good group.
    And scents I was in the store and they had this cool black one I just had to bring it home. It still needs to be sighted in than the boy can shoot it too. That is when I'm not
    Oh and I'm a mean old man and wont let him use the scope until he can prove him self on open sights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_boy 001.JPG   tn_boy 002.JPG   tn_boy 003.JPG   tn_boy 004.JPG   tn_boy 005.JPG  

Last edited by Chuck Thoits; 02-25-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Be careful Chuck, you'll shoot your eye out....
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

well chuck th3 first one looks ok,, does it use bb's as well as pellets? the other one looks a little to much like the other use of guns..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Not a bad first target I was not expecting him to give up until the box of pellets was gone but the cold drove him in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_boy2 001.JPG  
    Stupid hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    well chuck th3 first one looks ok,, does it use bb's as well as pellets? the other one looks a little to much like the other use of guns..
    No BB's for that one it's a single shot target pellet gun
    Stupid hurts.

good shooting Bob years ago the pellet gun i had would use both.. that was why i was asking but that was almost a century ago
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

You can still get them that use both Larry I was just dead set on getting him a gun that would shoot well. Unlike the old BB gun that you can/could watch the BB go
    That and this one is a real close cousin to the next step up a .22 which I would say he will be using by the end of summer.
    Stupid hurts.

How about some moving targets on a windy day?

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Stor.../dp/B001KWGLEG

I've watched some of those video's on fully automatic pellet guns. Just not enough time for all the toys.

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Cool always nice to have back-up while on varmint patrol

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    Oh and the other gun uses both BB's and pellets.
    Stupid hurts.