Just had to do it

Chuck Thoits

Well the boy's dad got him a daisy BB gun for xmas. (They have yet to use it)
Well knowing how them things work I decided that if the boy was going to learn how to shoot it was going to be with a gun that would shoot. Not the same old spring loaded BB gun I had when I was a kid.:thumb: So we went out today and picked this up.
I got it all sighted in for him and turned him loose. Told him he can't move up from laying until he can shoot a good group.
And scents I was in the store and they had this cool black one I just had to bring it home. It still needs to be sighted in than the boy can shoot it too. That is when I'm not:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh and I'm a mean old man and wont let him use the scope until he can prove him self on open sights.

Attachments

• tn_boy 001.JPG
    tn_boy 001.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_boy 002.JPG
    tn_boy 002.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 68
  • tn_boy 003.JPG
    tn_boy 003.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 66
  • tn_boy 004.JPG
    tn_boy 004.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 67
  • tn_boy 005.JPG
    tn_boy 005.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Not a bad first target :thumb: I was not expecting him to give up until the box of pellets was gone but the cold drove him in:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• tn_boy2 001.JPG
    tn_boy2 001.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 52
You can still get them that use both Larry I was just dead set on getting him a gun that would shoot well. Unlike the old BB gun that you can/could watch the BB go:thumb::rofl::rofl:
That and this one is a real close cousin to the next step up a .22 which I would say he will be using by the end of summer.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very cool. At his age, his eyes should be able to shoot pretty well with the iron sights. That should be a lot of fun, for both of you!

Nice, and that's a good way to train them. Having them shoot until they can do clean groups that is. A friend has been training both of his boys and both have to shoot 1" groups at up to 100 yard with iron sites repeatedly before he'll get either of them new rifles or pistols. At 8 and 10, they've earned their hunting rifles for deer season. They work taking turns doing spotting for the other and helping the other figure out what they are doing wrong so they'd each succeed.