Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats on your Bench? - 3/10/07

Whats on your Bench? - 3/10/07

Almost forgot. Had an Inspection job yesterday and about the time I was finishing writing the report my UPS man dropped off a new/old project. I got excited and started working on it last night.

So, sometime over the weekend take a photo of your bench or benches and show us "Whats on your Bench?" this weekend. Doesn't have to be exiciting. Big or small, just snap those photos and let's see your bench top this weekend.

Jeff
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

3 cabinet doors that I had to knock down and correct my measuring inaccuracies

Currently on my workbench... a few old motors that someone tossed out a couple of months ago...been too cold out there to do a darn thing with since! ...Spring's coming.
    Got Wood?

No photos, didn't happen!

Jeff
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

It's dovetail time. When I made my first test dovetails I kept the assembled test one with notes on it that remind me what not to do. In the right lower corner you can see a vac/tool switch (Woodcraft) that I have one of the routers plugged into. It turns on the vac when I am running the tool. I use that a lot more that I though that I would. It would be nice to have two tool plugins so that both routers would be ready to go without having to unplug and replug. I see that Sears has one so may give it a try. I guess that it would be cheaper to buy a plunin adapter.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 03-25-2007 at 01:45 AM.

A new router table top. Last one sagged 1/16 in the middle, which of course ruined everything. Two pieces of 3/4 mdf laminated together, and it still sagged! Darn!

I'm reinforcing this one with two long pieces of angle iron, and some rabbeted hardwood along both long edges. With my luck, it'll still sag, but maybe a little less...

Oh, and I need to make an enclosure for the garbage cans. That one should be easy...

Thanks,

Bill

Eight doors for my guest room cabinets, to be sanded and try to get finished, a tray of pen blanks ready to get turned later today, and a stack of "stuff" that needs to be culled and either put away or tossed - LOML seems to dump everything on the bench just inside the door.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

no pic maker...

so willtry and describe, got round two of dads blanket chest done the one in the recent wood mag,, with some of his changes of course, its ben a on going thing then i got the fishun bug and he quit workin on it to cold so whe got back after this week last night sande out the panels and cut out the last pieces and yup made a mis calculation on purpose for dad to see well i used his parent board fo r thickness and the sanded panels are thinnner magin that it was rabbet to accept the sides so we looked and yup it was on the frt panel i messed up on so its 1/16 thinner for real now.. fixed the back to be right.. today i got the lumber yard to start on my new shop price,keepin my finners crossed. and aftergettin home i got the pattern almost done foprthe sleigh bed i am gonna do soon.. soi am in here for some last minute looks to fine tune the design.. so back to the web and then the shop great springy day
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Steve Clardy Guest

Thumbs down

Busting 2 doors apart that I made too big

Saving the panels, remaking rail and stiles
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 10-20-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Bench? What Bench? I can't get to no dern Bench!
    I'm nursin a sick puppy.

DT