Whats on your Bench? - 3/10/07

Jeff Horton

Almost forgot. Had an Inspection job yesterday and about the time I was finishing writing the report my UPS man dropped off a new/old project. ;) I got excited and started working on it last night.

So, sometime over the weekend take a photo of your bench or benches and show us "Whats on your Bench?" this weekend. Doesn't have to be exiciting. Big or small, just snap those photos and let's see your bench top this weekend.

Jeff

Currently on my workbench... a few old motors that someone tossed out a couple of months ago...been too cold out there to do a darn thing with since! :( ...Spring's coming. :clap:

onworkbench.jpg

It's dovetail time. When I made my first test dovetails I kept the assembled test one with notes on it that remind me what not to do. In the right lower corner you can see a vac/tool switch (Woodcraft) that I have one of the routers plugged into. It turns on the vac when I am running the tool. I use that a lot more that I though that I would. It would be nice to have two tool plugins so that both routers would be ready to go without having to unplug and replug. I see that Sears has one so may give it a try. I guess that it would be cheaper to buy a plunin adapter.

Last edited:
A new router table top. Last one sagged 1/16 in the middle, which of course ruined everything. Two pieces of 3/4 mdf laminated together, and it still sagged! Darn!

I'm reinforcing this one with two long pieces of angle iron, and some rabbeted hardwood along both long edges. With my luck, it'll still sag, but maybe a little less... :(

Oh, and I need to make an enclosure for the garbage cans. That one should be easy... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Eight doors for my guest room cabinets, to be sanded and try to get finished, a tray of pen blanks ready to get turned later today, and a stack of "stuff" that needs to be culled and either put away or tossed - LOML seems to dump everything on the bench just inside the door.:huh: :(

Nancy

no pic maker...

so willtry and describe, got round two of dads blanket chest done the one in the recent wood mag,, with some of his changes of course, its ben a on going thing then i got the fishun bug and he quit workin on it to cold so whe got back after this week last night sande out the panels and cut out the last pieces and yup made a mis calculation on purpose for dad to see:rolleyes: well i used his parent board fo r thickness and the sanded panels are thinnner magin that it was rabbet to accept the sides so we looked and yup it was on the frt panel i messed up on so its 1/16 thinner for real now.. fixed the back to be right.. today i got the lumber yard to start on my new shop price,keepin my finners crossed. and aftergettin home i got the pattern almost done foprthe sleigh bed i am gonna do soon.. soi am in here for some last minute looks to fine tune the design.. so back to the web and then the shop great springy day:D :D

Busting 2 doors apart that I made too big:( :( :(

Saving the panels, remaking rail and stiles:( :( :(

Last edited:
Bench? What Bench? I can't get to no dern Bench! :rofl:
I'm nursin a sick puppy. :dunno:

DT

Hey Steve, that looks like my bench! I had 3!

I fixed one I found before I loaded and left yesterday to finish up the install and get paid. I thought to myself :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Had the doors laid out when I got there, installing hinges, doors, just a cruising. Then I unwrapped this pair. Cabinet above the microwave.
:huh: :huh: Strange, maybe they fit the frig box.:huh: :huh:

No. Not there. I have those two already on.
Laid them aside, continued installing doors in the bathrooms, kitchen.
I finally got through 52 doors, with these two left, and no doors for the micro cabinet.

Ok. I screwed up.:dunno:
Not what I wanted to work on today. I need to finish up the set of oak cabinets that I have been doing, along with the maple cabinets.:(

Need to get my photos up. I am running behind, been busy this weekend. Learned how fast a drum sander can sand a finger nail. :eek: Trust me! Amazingly fast!!

100_8001.JPG

Start with this one, IT"S CLEAN!! Spent two hours cleaning up the shop Saturday. Nothing on this bench.

100_8000.JPG

Still working on the wifes cabinet. But I have it almost done!

Jeff