finishing up small projects

allen levine

my daughter rescued the 2 ugly boxes I made.
She wants them, so Im oiling them for her.(she wanted me to paint them, walnut, mahogany, sapele, cherry??????) They are a mixture of alot of the little scraps I have. I used some of the sapwood walnut that was too ugly to use on anything else.
I made an error, and erased the 2 boxes I gave out. I meant to post them before I went away last week.They had nice brass feet with brass cabinet handles on the lids.

when I get an picture again, Ill post it.

I finished the tray I routed out with the bowl bit and template.

I also made my first doors with my new cope and stick set.
Wont stain them till I fit them. He has a built in cabinet next to his basement stairs, that have plywood doors, thought cherry doors would look nicer there.
These will be the doors Im using when I attempt to reface my sons kitchen up the road a bit.
I made these to both experiment with the bit set, and just to give him an idea what his new doors will look like.

before I used a setup block, I had a cope a bit off, but with a touch of sanding, it wont be noticed on the door front.

Attachments

• cabinet 224 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 224 (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 45
  • cabinet 225 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 225 (Medium).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 41
  • cabinet 226 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 226 (Medium).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 40
  • cabinet 227 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 227 (Medium).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 42
  • cabinet 228 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 228 (Medium).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 42
  • cabinet 229 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 229 (Medium).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Allen, there's no way those boxes are ugly. Your daughter likes them, and you know you raised her to have good taste. :D

The doors look like you got the rail and stile set figured out. ;)

If I was using a draw knife or spokeshave Id be moving alot slower also.
I did make a huge discovery, having sharp plane blades move the work along so much faster and easier. (hehehe), I dont know how sharp I get them, but I sort of got a little kind of notion when Im using the stones Im getting much better results.

finished the bathroom vanity cabinet today, attached the faceframe, and started milling up ash for the door frames and panels. Ill be building several cabinets for the attic bathroom, so in order to save tons of set up time, Im going to cut all the stiles and rails at one time,(tomorrow am) before I even make any of the other cabinets, keep things moving along quickly.