It's Friday! 3/2 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Today I had lunch with my nephew that is home on leave from the Air Force. He's here until Wednesday, so will try to get together again with him this weekend. I'm planning to continue the cleanup of my shop. I finally got my reloading bench cleared off last night, so going to clean up my other metal cabinet and get it moved for storing reloading supplies. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go pickup some OSB to finish up the front corner of the shop so I can start getting cabinets built for that area. Will probably work on that Sunday as well.

What's everyone else got going on?

TGIF. I haven't got any decent shop time since weekend before last. My job is really cutting into my personal time :). We've been trying to hire some help for almost 10 months :eek:.

Wife and I are going out this evening for our 10th anniversary dinner. (Actually the date is March 1, but we delayed because of work)

Aloha

Congrats to you both! :thumb:

My wife is leaving town right about now and won't be back until sunday night so I'm a single dad tonight and tomrrow until I drop the little one off for a spend over at her cousin's. Then it's shop time until I want to go to bed. Then more shop time right when I wake up until the girl comes back around noon. I hope to get lots done on a fairly large comission I have exactly 60 days to complete...and I've just started. :doh:

Two words: Gun Show. :D

Hoping to find some deals on ammo and pick up a few accessories for a little carbine I picked up recently. :whistling:

The only thing I'll be doing that even remotely resembles woodworking will be doing a tune-up and adjustment on a friend's acoustic/electric guitar.

my wife played hooky this afternoon from work, and since Ive been on a winning streak, I took her again to the racino today for lunch and some fun.
I didnt score big today, but I walked out with 80 dollars more than I went in with, and she walked out with 30 more.
Ordered in dinner, and tomorrow I have to start taking down paper in the bathroom.....hate that. then paint. hate that just as much.
Before I left today, I had an exciting morning. I put 60 or so feet of gutter guards up on the back of my home and cleaned out the rain gutters. Nothing like scraping mud and guck from your gutters and have it splash into your hair and face. I love retirement.

Tomorrow is laundry and shop day. Have some wiring issues to sort out and my bench board to finish. Yesterday got my air cleaner up high with some help. Picked up two tables that need refinishing and an antique sewing machine to restore. But first a commission to finish. Then a sermon to prepare for Sunday, which is also crammed with home visits. Two services a week [it is Lent] are eating big time into my schedule.

And to keep things from getting really dull, I have a date tonight. Whodda thunk?

I'm off this weekend, but will pay dearly by having to work the next two.
I plan on spending some time in the shop. I have an assembly table I've started. Need to get the half laps in the plywood for the lower and upper support and maybe get all of that installed. Then in the next few weeks I need to get some MDF to build the torsion box top. We'll see how much I get done. Jim.

Darren
Oh I really like that term, "Reloading Bench." Why didn't I think of that. It is so appropriate. Maybe if you Glennize the bench, it won't reload!?!?

Tony and beautiful wife I wish you many tens more.

Yeah Carol!!!!!
Does the guy speak Router or Wood lathe?

I spent most of the day making sure the North wall of my shop meets electric code. I had some 15 amp outlets in boxes fed by AWG 12 on 20 amp breakers. Some Romex not stapled within 8 inches of the box. And in one case had to pull new wire because I didn't have enough slack to staple it by the boxes. Added a couple more outlet boxes for future tools. I sure like original wiring a lot more than rewiring. The electricity in the wall was safe as long as I was the one using it. I didn't mind because it was all open and exposed; but now it is going to be closed and out of sight.

As Glenn says, "Hey it is part of the hobby. Enjoy it."

Enjoy,

JimB

Glenn is coming later this month and we are going to insulate and then close the wall.

Last edited:
Friday, I prepped a few more components of my credenza for topcoating - will spray them Monday.

Today, I plan to spend some of my time on SketchUp - trying to get a couple more things figured out. LOML is having breakfast out with a neighbor lady before they do some yard sales. We're in for a bumpy day of weather with some storms moving our way.

Sunday will be the usual routine with me fixing brunch for us, then settling in for an afternoon of NASCAR. I'll probably whip up some stir-fry for dinner - got the steak strips marinating in some teriyaki and soy sauce already. Yum!

My mother in law was rushed to the hospital Friday morning. My wife and I along with her brothers and sisters spent the day by her side yesterday. Doesn't look too good. My father in law had a stroke about a month ago and is really upset. They have been married over 60 years. So I imagine that we will be at the hospital again today and tomorrow.

My mother in law was rushed to the hospital Friday morning. My wife and I along with her brothers and sisters spent the day by her side yesterday. Doesn't look too good. My father in law had a stroke about a month ago and is really upset. They have been married over 60 years. So I imagine that we will be at the hospital again today and tomorrow.
Very sorry to hear this Bob. I hope things work out for the best.

I'm doing a slight reorganization of the shop that I've been planning for a while to make more room and building a lumber rack in the shop and throwing all the shorts I haven't used in the past year in the burn barrel.

I've been working of a 4'x36'x10" raised bed. I think I'll be able to raise all the veggies we can use in this. I'm tired of providing a buffet for the coons and deer! :mad: I planted beans 3 times last year before I gave up, and my cucumbers were just about ready and the dang deer ate them all!