Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! 3/2 Edition

It's Friday! 3/2 Edition

Well, Today I had lunch with my nephew that is home on leave from the Air Force. He's here until Wednesday, so will try to get together again with him this weekend. I'm planning to continue the cleanup of my shop. I finally got my reloading bench cleared off last night, so going to clean up my other metal cabinet and get it moved for storing reloading supplies. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go pickup some OSB to finish up the front corner of the shop so I can start getting cabinets built for that area. Will probably work on that Sunday as well.

What's everyone else got going on?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

TGIF. I haven't got any decent shop time since weekend before last. My job is really cutting into my personal time . We've been trying to hire some help for almost 10 months .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Wife and I are going out this evening for our 10th anniversary dinner. (Actually the date is March 1, but we delayed because of work)

Aloha
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baideme View Post
    Wife and I are going out this evening for our 10th anniversary dinner. (Actually the date is March 1, but we delayed because of work)

Aloha
    Congrats to you both!

My wife is leaving town right about now and won't be back until sunday night so I'm a single dad tonight and tomrrow until I drop the little one off for a spend over at her cousin's. Then it's shop time until I want to go to bed. Then more shop time right when I wake up until the girl comes back around noon. I hope to get lots done on a fairly large comission I have exactly 60 days to complete...and I've just started.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well I won't be in the shop this week end, I could have gone to the NASCAR race since I was offered tickets but I have a work related commitment. (LOML told me to call em and say I can't make it and go to the Race but I made a commitment)....
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Two words: Gun Show.

Hoping to find some deals on ammo and pick up a few accessories for a little carbine I picked up recently.

The only thing I'll be doing that even remotely resembles woodworking will be doing a tune-up and adjustment on a friend's acoustic/electric guitar.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baideme View Post

Aloha
    Congrats Tony!

I'm working on 5 large picture frames for church. Nothing fancy, pretty plain in fact.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Well i'm like Tony, but i've been married on this day(march 2 )for 100 years . Ok i've only been married 35 years, but some days it seems like 100.. Also have a couple cabs to finish up, and in the am meet up with a lady to get a down payment on a couple more cabs.

my wife played hooky this afternoon from work, and since Ive been on a winning streak, I took her again to the racino today for lunch and some fun.
    I didnt score big today, but I walked out with 80 dollars more than I went in with, and she walked out with 30 more.
    Ordered in dinner, and tomorrow I have to start taking down paper in the bathroom.....hate that. then paint. hate that just as much.
    Before I left today, I had an exciting morning. I put 60 or so feet of gutter guards up on the back of my home and cleaned out the rain gutters. Nothing like scraping mud and guck from your gutters and have it splash into your hair and face. I love retirement.
    Human Test Dummy

Tomorrow is laundry and shop day. Have some wiring issues to sort out and my bench board to finish. Yesterday got my air cleaner up high with some help. Picked up two tables that need refinishing and an antique sewing machine to restore. But first a commission to finish. Then a sermon to prepare for Sunday, which is also crammed with home visits. Two services a week [it is Lent] are eating big time into my schedule.

And to keep things from getting really dull, I have a date tonight. Whodda thunk?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed