Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone ok???

Everyone ok???

Just wondering if Family members in the areas affected by today's tornadoes are OK?? Sure hope so. What a disaster. Events like today's devastation put everyday problems in perspective don't they? The death count in southern Indiana approaches 15 the last I heard. I'm in the Indy area, and we are fine. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of the twisters.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Tornado warning just expired for my area. It skirted us just to the south. I've got a PM in to Chuck Ellis, but haven't heard anything yet. His neck of the woods got hammered pretty good today.

We're starting to get storm and tornado watches and warnings around the area. There's a really nasty looking cell just north of us but moving away. More are forming to the west and heading toward us.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

steve southwood is ok just got word from him.. he says its not as bad as the media shows it but ts not great either.. he said he doesnt want another day like that..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

All is well here also, the storms were near by though, too close for comfort.

were they in bill simpsons neighborhood?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

We're fine at my place... Tellico Plains got hit pretty good, but since we're 6 miles out of town, we weren't in the storm's path... the wife was home with the animals and spent some time hiding in the master bath so she could have some substantial walls around her... I was at the market working my booth and got a little worried when I couldn't reach her. The central office evidently was taken out, so we're without phones or internet... I have free wifi at the market and an old laptop that works, so we do have some communications. Cell phones still work so we could let our kids know they haven't inherited anything yet...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Looks like it will be stormy all afternoon here in south Georgia. Our "official" forecast said rainfall possibly in excess of one inch. We've had nearly 4.5" in the last three hours and no end in sight! Also in a tornado watch area now.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

The real bad storms were all south of us. We got black skies with very hard rain and hail with high winds but the tornadoes were all south of us.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

No Larry not in Bill Simpson's area further south west, probably 20 mi, that is close enough.