Everyone ok???

Ron Jones

Just wondering if Family members in the areas affected by today's tornadoes are OK?? Sure hope so. What a disaster. Events like today's devastation put everyday problems in perspective don't they? The death count in southern Indiana approaches 15 the last I heard. I'm in the Indy area, and we are fine. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of the twisters.

Tornado warning just expired for my area. It skirted us just to the south. I've got a PM in to Chuck Ellis, but haven't heard anything yet. His neck of the woods got hammered pretty good today.

We're starting to get storm and tornado watches and warnings around the area. There's a really nasty looking cell just north of us but moving away. More are forming to the west and heading toward us. :eek:

steve southwood is ok just got word from him.. he says its not as bad as the media shows it but ts not great either.. he said he doesnt want another day like that..

We're fine at my place... Tellico Plains got hit pretty good, but since we're 6 miles out of town, we weren't in the storm's path... the wife was home with the animals and spent some time hiding in the master bath so she could have some substantial walls around her... I was at the market working my booth and got a little worried when I couldn't reach her. The central office evidently was taken out, so we're without phones or internet... I have free wifi at the market and an old laptop that works, so we do have some communications. Cell phones still work so we could let our kids know they haven't inherited anything yet...

Looks like it will be stormy all afternoon here in south Georgia. Our "official" forecast said rainfall possibly in excess of one inch. We've had nearly 4.5" in the last three hours and no end in sight! :dunno: Also in a tornado watch area now.

I used to live in that area and have a lot of friends there. They have gotten hit by big tornadoes several times over the years. I checked with a few people in the Batesville to Friendship area and all is well with them. Bad and sad for those who lost lives and property.

As Larry said, all well here. No real damage in our area, but bad in others for sure. We lost a couple shingles, no problem for a guy with a hammer and an extra bundle, at the ready.