Holbren router bits

Thanks Matt, I got one of each also. :thumb:

I have a feeling that I will mess up a few bits learning a router's in's and out's. :bang: :rofl:

DT

I have had great success with the El Cheapo bits. Sometimes they will tear and not give a smooth cut. But, now, before using, I will use a flat diamond stone on the flat side of the carbide for a few strokes. That seems to remove the burr, or whatever, then they cut jest fine.

$20 with free shipping was too good of a deal for me to pass up.

Re: the 10% forum discount - On some of the other forums, Brian has requested that the 10% discount offered to forum members not be taken since he's already blowing these out below cost. He's been awefully good to us in the past so in honor of his birthday (March 8th), I refunded the 10% off I had so prudently taken... :dunno:

They don't get any better than Brian for delivery and warranty.
Chuck

Well, so far I am not real impressed. I usually buy from Infinity but thought that I would give Holbren a try since I have read so many good things about him. I ordered the sale set on March 10th and still have not received it. On the website is shows processed, whatever that means. It is not exactly like I live in Siberia.

It could be because of the small order and that I am not a regular customer that spends a certain amount yearly but that seems beside the point. I was going to buy several hundred dollars of stuff from him a while back but he did not show having what I needed so I ordered from Infinity. Recieved my order in three days.

I have not made contact as I am just standing by to see how long it is going to take or, if in fact it, does happen.

For the set that he offered, and the price he offered...I'd give him some slack on getting everything out. He was probably swamped with orders and may have had to get more to fill them.

Sorry to hear that Allen. :dunno:
I've always gotten the best of service from Brian. I got the shelix head for my jointer from him.

DT

Well, so far I am not real impressed. I usually buy from Infinity but thought that I would give Holbren a try since I have read so many good things about him. I ordered the sale set on March 10th and still have not received it. On the website is shows processed, whatever that means. It is not exactly like I live in Siberia.

It could be because of the small order and that I am not a regular customer that spends a certain amount yearly but that seems beside the point. I was going to buy several hundred dollars of stuff from him a while back but he did not show having what I needed so I ordered from Infinity. Recieved my order in three days.

I have not made contact as I am just standing by to see how long it is going to take or, if in fact it, does happen.
Personally, I'd contact Brian and give him the opportunity to debug the order before mentioning the problem on a public forum. :rolleyes: There are a lot of things that can happen to an order, and many of them are beyond his control.

I got a nice e.mail from Brian, explaining that he had run out of the 1/2" set, but offered to ship 1/4" if I wanted.... I thanked him, but said I wanted the 1/2" and would continue to check out his web site for future needs.

It was a heck of a very special deal, and I can understand him getting more orders than he could fill. He was very nice in his e.mail, and responded back within a very short time.

Personally, I'd contact Brian and give him the opportunity to debug the order before mentioning the problem on a public forum. :rolleyes: There are a lot of things that can happen to an order, and many of them are beyond his control.

You are probably right but I was looking for a place to buy Whiteside bits since they are an American company and a cheap alternative for those bits that are seldom used. I was looking for a place that ships fast or notifies the buyer if they are not available so an order can be placed elsewhere. I placed the order just to see how smooth it would go as the set was basically to just set aside for those times when I am caught short. It could have been something that I needed right away. I was under the impression that it was acceptable to list the good and the not so good experiences with a company.

Hey Don, If I am shipped the 1/4" set I will send it up to you if you can use them to help repay the freebee you sent to me. It will be less of a problem to deal with it that way. I will let you know if that happens.

Hey Don, If I am shipped the 1/4" set I will send it up to you if you can use them to help repay the freebee you sent to me. It will be less of a problem to deal with it that way. I will let you know if that happens.

Well, thank you Allen but I already have one set and I ordered another for tiny work. If that happens and you still want to send them to me, why not send them to Vaughn for me and he can have a drawing? :thumb:
One of the guys/gals will put them to work. :biker:

(Maybe some nice router bits would keep Nancy out of rehab?) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DT

Last edited:
I just had a plesant supprise as I was starting to do a little work and the mailperson just walked up and handed me the Holbren 1/2" shank set. I guess that Mr. Holbren just got snowed under after the word got out about the "deal". Looks like that Matt may be next.