Robot video at TED absolutely amazing tech.

Rob Keeble

Check this out. It really makes me want to get back into the tech world. The applications where this stuff could be used and save lives just boggles the mind. Think of firefighters not having to go crawling through places, or cops dealing with a hostage situation and not knowing the building layout. I can only imagine where this is all going to end up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ErEBkj_3PY

This will only get better/or worse as we get into adaptive artificial intelligence, of the computers programming them. I say or worse, because I still hear people complaining about robots taking jobs, etc. (population goes up and we are automating arguments)

Sorry Randall but i have to disagree with you. Many years back i was imvolved in the introduction of a Robot welder. Prior to it our number of people employed was 4 welding. After the implementation it increased to 9 but there were even greater apin offs in terms of employment as a result of our increased quality amd productivity. I have also been involved in other machonery deployments where automation has been involved and its always resulted in gains in employment in some shape or form.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I would be watching and listening to those speakers all day long, after this one I watched one about a synthetic material inspired in gecko's capability of climbing on slipery surfaces, explanation of biomutualism. Simply amazing of what can be achieved only by looking at nature and trying to understand and imitate.
That made me realise that anything that we think we have invented, nature has done it before and done it perfectly.

Sorry Randall but i have to disagree with you.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Maybe I didn't write it clearly, but I doubt you would disagree with me. I say or worse, because of the people I hear the arguments from (some auto workers I know come to mind). It means I am probably going to hear more complaining about blah, blah, blah, etc.

These are the same ones, who love how much power their newer cars have, but don't think we should have the computers, etc. running them.
and the same ones that ask if I work on computers