Shop Hauler

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
I have been subconsciously looking for a trailer to use for shop related hauling for a couple of years now. A friend of mine knew this and spotted one on the road the day before yesterday.

I talked the guy down from $400 to $350. I think compared to the dinky trailers you get for $600 up, this was a great deal.

It has a heavy steel frame, car tires with a spare, full fenders, hand crank etc. It's not a full 4' wide but I don't mind that, it is over 8' long.
A tiny bit of sand blasting and a paint brush would make it a real nice looking trailer. It even has short pipes welded to the sides so you can make a covered wagon out of it. :rofl:
Towing it home, you couldn't even tell it was there...

What do you think?

http://www.dontee.sistmllc.com/trailer/

DT

Good score on the trailer. That one has been around a while. I haven't seen a coupler like that in quite some time. Age don't hurt em though.

Great price for that. It will do tons and tons of work for you. Like having a second truck without the license fees, engine maintenance, etc.
Are you the guy that used to haul stuff on top of a mini-teeny car?

Trailers are like buildings, a person can never have to many!!! Very nice. Have been to some auctions and scrap metal type trailers (ready for the scrap yard) bring 200-300 dollars. Very nice. Great tie places.
Frank, you don't have to license your trailers? I have to have license, registration, lights, reflective tape, tie downs. Insurance as long as it is hooked to my truck it is covered. If my barn burns down and the trailer isn't hooked up, I have no insurance on my trailer.

Good deal Don!

I especially like the rims painted to match and the hubcaps. Mounted spare even! Stylin'.

John

Good deal Don!
I especially like the rims painted to match and the hubcaps. Mounted spare even! Stylin'.
John

Hi John,
Yeah, I haven't seen a spare tire on a trailer for many years. I wonder if Ozzie use to own it? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
When I repaint it, I'll do the rims the same way.

DT

Great score, Don. Looks like it's nice and beefy, made back when steel was the heavy stuff. That thing would look great behind a '55 Woody station wagon. :thumb:

Trailers are like buildings, a person can never have to many!!! Very nice. Have been to some auctions and scrap metal type trailers (ready for the scrap yard) bring 200-300 dollars. Very nice. Great tie places.
Frank, you don't have to license your trailers? I have to have license, registration, lights, reflective tape, tie downs. Insurance as long as it is hooked to my truck it is covered. If my barn burns down and the trailer isn't hooked up, I have no insurance on my trailer.

Well, yes and no. :eek:
We have a one-time license law for trailers here, very reasonable priced. But my little utility hauler has never had fenders or lights and I haven't ever licensed it. I carried round bales of hay on it for almost 30 years and still use it, never been stopped. But my ATV trailer and the stock trailer I had were both properly equiped and licensed. Still lot cheaper than a vehicle with an engine.