OMG it's 70 degrees outside

Tom Baugues

Are you kidding me????? 70 degrees?? It's the middle of March for crying out loud! Indiana. Basketball tournement time! I've lived here for 52 years and NEVER do I remember a winter like this. THIS IS AWESOME! My grass is turning greener everyday. Flowers are blooming all over the place. Shrubs have budded out already. Everyone is out sprucing up their yards like it's the middle of May. The weather man may say tonight that were in for 10 inches of snow tomorrow and I could believe him.... but until then...I'll take this! Love it!!!!

EDIT:...I just saw today's newspaper and the forecast is for temp's in the middle 70's all week! :bliss: :woohoo:

Last edited:
At least you had some kind of "Winter" this year. Down here, I've already had to mow once (last week) and will need to mow in a couple more days. Everything looks more like the first of May than March!

glad you get to have some of the pretty white stuff to bill:) we are having the same kind of winter as tom sorta had more snow but today its near 70 and the next week is calling to be the same:)

I've cut my grass more times in the past three months than I have in the past year and a half!! And they said the drought was going to continue thru the winter.:doh:

It never even got cold enough to kill the leaves on my oak tree in the back yard. I have last years leaves along with all the new buds that are sprouting.

Tom you right we had barmy weather here yesterday as well and are that way right now. My weather station is saying 52 F right now slated to go up from there with us reaching close to 70s by the end of the week.

Only folks that have snow around are those that live with their front facing the wrong direction and those that were such eager beavers to shovel that everytime it did snow they made piles that turned to ice.

I saw the first Robin yesterday out picking worms coming up from near drowning as the frost comes out the ground. Same guy that comes here every year. They probably gonna get quiet a few cycles of nestings going this season given the early start. I aint complaining i can see the difference in our natural gas bill for heating.

The snow from last Monday practically melted before the day was out, but this morning this is what I discovered upon awakening:

DSCN0841.jpgDSCN0842.jpgDSCN0843.jpg

Looks very much last last week. I don't mind, as I like the change in seasons and appreciate that we will have plenty of water this summer due to the heavy snowpack in the mountains.

Last edited:
The shorts have been on for over a week now:D and I do wear them at home all winter:p This is some great weather:thumb:

I've been known to were shorts shoveling snow...that way I don't get to hot throwing it all around. :D It should get close to 80 here today...I need to get after some yard work soon!