The Awakening..or

Ted Calver

Staff member
..a wood pumpkin?? A collaboration with Tim at Artistic Glass Studio in Edmond OK. This is a piece of Silver maple burl 10"d x 8.5"h (15" with finial) and hollowed to a 5/8" interior. Finish is Watco, buffed and Renaissance waxed. Tim is my son in law and gave me the glass as a garden ornament last Christmas. I decided to re-purpose it as a tendril of exotic plant life emerging from this form. I know the proportions are off..but I like it until Tim makes me a smaller one :) C&C welcome.

AWAKE-1 L.jpgAWAKE-2 L.jpgAWAKE-3 L.jpgAWAKE-4 L.jpg

I like it, Ted. Pretty piece of burl, and the glass finial is a cool idea. :thumb: And FWIW, I'm not sure I agree with you that the proportions are off. ;)

Ted i think its a very cool creation. I like the addition of the glass and it fits well into the image. Beautiful piece of burl you have there. Certainly a gallery piece in my view. Can think of many titles kinda makes me think of a new seedling sprouting after a volcano or some fossil action on an old pumkin casing. Got a spring feeling to it. Jack and the beanstalk also comes to mind.:D:thumb: One thing for certain its art and thought provoking.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Once in a while you have to make something out of the ordinary just to prove the brain cells are still alive :)