Thread: A note of appreciation.

Croton, Ohio (about a half hour NE of Columbus)

A note of appreciation.

I wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum and all the good stuff I see on here. I've been working with wood in one form or another from building furniture and cabinets to things as mundane as nailing together skids for the better part of 40 years and I know I still haven't learned all there is to learn about this wonderful pastime. I'm a firm believer that a person can learn a lot by watching what others do and then doing their best to imitate those that they've watched. I have followed several projects on here and learned a lot from each one; things like Bryan Cowing's roll-top desk project, Alex Reid's guitar build, Glenn Bradley's work, and so many others that I can't think of them right off. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to share your work and techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Bauman View Post
    I wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum and all the good stuff I see on here. I've been working with wood in one form or another from building furniture and cabinets to things as mundane as nailing together skids for the better part of 40 years and I know I still haven't learned all there is to learn about this wonderful pastime. I'm a firm believer that a person can learn a lot by watching what others do and then doing their best to imitate those that they've watched. I have followed several projects on here and learned a lot from each one; things like Bryan Cowing's roll-top desk project, Alex Reid's guitar build, Glenn Bradley's work, and so many others that I can't think of them right off. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to share your work and techniques.

Yeah, it is a great group!!!

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

It's the guys like you mentioned -- those who are willing to take the extra time to shoot photos and write up the process -- that make this place what it is. My thanks go to all of you who participate.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com