stu, whats going on over there?

Looks like things are fine. NHK mentions an offshore 6.8 quake about 12 hours ago and a 50cm tsunami alert for northeastern coast. No further mentions.
That's a few hundred miles from Stu, who's no doubt asleep now.

I was actually down in the Dungeon sneaking some work in on the Humidor. It was quite the shaker, stuff was rocking and rolling even down in the Dungeon! :eek:
Called the L shop to make sure things were fine there and iMessaged the daughter upstairs to make sure she was fine too. No problems! We are busy getting ready to send daughter #2 to Canada to go to school, so not much time in the Dungeon.

Thanks for the concern fellas! :wave:

We are getting ready for the big one. There was two good sized ones yesterday. The one you talked about north of the 3/11 monster and one last night 6.1just north of Narita airport. "Experts" expect that Tokyo will be hit by a big one in the next few years. Oh, we had two in Tokyo yesterday not one.

Personally, I have a case of MREs in the house and an emergency kit all ready to go. Might be a good idea for all FW members. Disasters are not exclusive to Japan.

I have my "Emergency Kit" and I live in nice peaceful California---which is predicted to fall off of the USA into the sea. I won't mention earthquakes (sort of a universal So. California massage); I hear that some people don't like them.

Yes, in spite of all of the umbawa above, we do have emergency kits and plans. I hope we never need them.

Enjoy,

JimB

It is really difficult to get a band saw, lathe, drill press, table saw, etc. into an emergency kit. Guess we just cannot take some of the food and clothing like we were planning.

We are busy getting ready to send daughter #2 to Canada to go to school, so not much time in the Dungeon.

Glad to hear that you are well, Stu.
You must have some really top-notch parents. Most folks have had enough with raising one set of kids. Willingly taking on the next generation as well is outstanding. :thumb:

...art

Glad to hear that you are well, Stu.
You must have some really top-notch parents. Most folks have had enough with raising one set of kids. Willingly taking on the next generation as well is outstanding. :thumb:

...art

You are correct Art, my folks are top drawer people, all the way. They really do enjoy having the grand daughters around, last year a got a very nice letter from a good friend of my dad, he expressed to me privately how proud my parents are of their grand daughters and he also told me that he was impressed by them too. We have done our best to be good parents, and I think/hope that it took with my girls, time will tell I guess.
Not to mention when it snows now, my dear old dad, at 77 years old, just hands the snow shovel to my 17 year old daughter and says "Don't for get the sidewalk :D Heck he has even taught her how to run the lawn mower, so they earn their keep for sure!

Cheers!