Thread: SketchUp DVD by dave richards

SketchUp DVD by dave richards

i ran across this on the FWW site and in my opinion after having some one on one with dave in the past,, he is one very good teacher,, he puts it in terms or examples we can understand, like "a lettuce sandwich" terminology.. you need to put the bread down first then the lettuce then the other slice of bread.. so for 12.95 its a steal in my book.. and he is one of our forum members, so if you have an interest in sketchup here is a great opportunity to do so.. LINK

also there is a short clip of what is inside at the bottom of the page..Video
    Last edited by larry merlau; 03-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Seen that myself. Thinking about spending a coin for that. Heck, as much as I have been spending on gettin educated what is another couple bucks.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

I ordered my download earlier. Now to find the time to study it!

The download is $12.95 available now. The DVD can be preordered for $16.95 for May shipment.
    Bill Arnold - Website - ShopCam
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    Ignorance is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the marrow!
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Got my copy. Boy that download tool a long time. Fine Woodworking needs to get more bandwidth on it. They throttle the pipe well at least to my part of the world.

I am looking forward to having help close at hand.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

I will be ordering a copy. A couple weeks ago I began to use Sketchup to try to design some trim and edging for the entertainment center I am finishing. After a few hours of working with it, I am starting to really like it and want to learn more.
    Ken
    ------

Well she is downloaded. Took dang near all night. Not sure if I got it all, seems the computer wanted to update sometime last night. Try and watch it tomorrow and see if I got it all.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    Well she is downloaded. Took dang near all night. Not sure if I got it all, ...
    It's a 688MB zip file download, so consider your connection speed if you order it. We recently upgraded our cable modem link to 12Mb/s, so the download was less than 10 minutes.
    Bill Arnold - Website - ShopCam
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    Ignorance is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the marrow!
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Bill i watched my download speed and there is throttling of output from their end or somewhere in the chain. I thought i was back on dialup with the actual kb/sec rate. Wish i had written down actual speed now then i could quote it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Ouch! I want to get it but I may have to wait for the DVD in May. My Internet connection is tenuous at best, not to mention slow. I don't think it will stay connected long enough as it is.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed