Thread: Drill Doctor

Kansas City, Missouri

Drill Doctor

I've actually had this a couple of years now, but never used it. I had picked it up on close out at the blue borg for $30. We sold the old house about the time I bought it and had to pack it up. I came across it last night and man this thing works well! Takes about 10 seconds from start to finish to sharpen up a bit. Went through the entire box of bits I keep at the drill press in about 10 minutes from 1/16" to 1/2" in 1/64" increments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0727.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	65821 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0729.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	65822 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0733.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	65823

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Darren.....I'm in the same boat. I have's never been opened.....I've had it for 2-3 years. It's in the upper compartment of one of my hanging wall cabinets. Glad to know it works!

Portland, Oregon
    I love mine! works great, I also picked up the larger holder for larger bits up to 3/4"
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Central NY State
    glad to hear it works well.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Tokyo Japan
    I've saved so much money on buying drill bits I bet my Drill Doctor has paid for itself 10 times over!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Reno NV
    I had gotten one when I was installing camper tiedowns and a super heavy duty hitch on my truck. I had a bunch of 1/2" holes to drill through some fairly thick steel.

I would have had a big pile of useless bits if it hadn't been for the drill doctor.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

ABQ NM
    I've used mine quite a lot, and agree it works great. However, I've not used it much since I bought one of the drill bit assortments from Woodcraft...the kits with multiples of each bit size. I'm still saving the bits as I dull them, though, and when the time comes, I'll have a massive bit sharpening party and dress them all back up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

S E Washington State
    Really weird, I just got through using mine for the first time in years to sharpen a 3/4" bit for a friend. Come in here to see what is going on in Family Woodworking and the first thread I see says "Drill Doctor"!!

They work, but I use mine so seldom I have to re-learn each time I get it out.
    "We the People ......"