Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its (almost) Friday... Whatcha got planned?

Its (almost) Friday... Whatcha got planned?

I stopped over at the BORG today, and picked up this pile of lumbah....

(minus the 2x4's, I had those...)

Finally going to get around to building the LOML and myself a new bed frame this weekend. It will be similar to this one I built my son a couple of years back...

Lori likes that design. I'm going to trim things down a bit... instead of 2x10's for the rails, I'm going to use 2x6's but it will be in the same 'design family'...
    -Ned

Watch some hoops, mow the lawn for the first time since December, finish turn some bowl rough outs I found hidden away in the garage and plant some garden.

Good to see you're getting a bit of shop time in, Ned.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Good to see you're getting a bit of shop time in, Ned.
    Thanks Vaughn! I'm looking forward to it, l just hope the rain holds off long enough for me to make my major cuts on the TS today. There isn't room in the shed to swing 8' stock around... Once I get the cuts done, I'm fine working under the carport.
    -Ned

Friday: Head to the store in a few minutes to stock up on supplies. You never know who might pop in on you and we like to be prepared! I'll start pots of chili and spaghetti sauce this evening so they can cook overnight.

Saturday: Final touch-ups on cleaning the shop and making it presentable. I don't want The Ambassador to see it in its usual condition!

Sunday: I reckon it'll be a day of cooking, listening to some tall tales, watching the race and listening to a lot of tall tales, then sip a couple of brewskies and listen to more tall tales!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

This is an interesting thread.

I am going to work most of the day sat and sun. If I can get myself motivated after I get home I would like to fix 2 lawnmowers and a chainsaw, clean up my shop from the last project, and start building a face frame and cabinet doors for an old liquor cart one of my customers has.

But in reality I will get home from work and just goof off the rest of the day.

Friday - work on taxes & shop time
    Saturday - laundry, work on taxes, shop time and sermonizing for Sunday
    Sunday - worship services and visit parishioner in the hospital in Vegas.

Shop time is working on the pulpit due at Easter and in between glue-ups on that, work on the bookshelves for moi.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Last weekend I had a beautiful open slot of time running through the whole weekend dedicated to the shop. Lost it. I'm going to try to find it and hold on tight this weekend ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Tonight I've got some gift cards to go cash in for new clothes, my good jeans aren't looking so good anymore. I took apart an old laptop last night to replace the power jack, will finish some clean up of the parts tonight, still waiting on the jack though. I plan to use it to run the CNC.

Saturday will be doing some yard work mostly, need to get some shrubs trimmed and leaves picked up. May be getting time to mow too, grass is getting tall with the warm weather we've been having. Saturday night we've got tickets and parking passes to the Jason Aldean concert, get to sit in the founders suite at the Sprint Center and watch the concert.

Sunday will be more shop time and continued organization. Have a work bench/table I'd like to get built and I think I have enough material to get started on it.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Saturday some of the kids and grandkids are coming over for a corned beef dinner. Should be fun even if i hate corned beef and cabbage.

Sunday back to my MILs house in Massachusetts. She is doing better but still needs lots of help. My wife is making them Sunday dinner again.
    Faith, Hope & Charity