Thread: Picked up the Kreg Mini

Picked up the Kreg Mini

Yesterday I bought the Kreg Mini pocket hole jig. I can't wait to play with it.

Does anybody else have this jig? Any tips?
    So mote it be.

http://www.SCAregalia.com - Masonic regalia and supply
    Save 10% with the code: BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
    Yesterday I bought the Kreg Mini pocket hole jig. I can't wait to play with it.

Does anybody else have this jig? Any tips?
    I've got one, and have used it a lot.

No tips, other than to "just follow the directions." They work quite well.
    Jim D.
    Adapt...Improvise...Overcome!

It seems to me that the whole premise of "Political Correctness," however well-intentioned it may be, runs the danger of uniform mediocrity becoming the norm.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    I've got one, and have used it a lot.

No tips, other than to "just follow the directions." They work quite well.
    +1 to What Jim said. Now you will want the big one two.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I have had one for about 7 years. I made this "jig" that keeps the material thickness, collar position, jig offset and screw length handy as well as does a quick job of setting the collar position. Loosen the collar, slip the drill in the hole till it bottoms out, tighten the collar and go. I always thought I would make a smaller and more elegant version but, it fits in the drawer with the other PH stuff. So, till I need to fit something else in that drawer, version 1 is safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PH-collar-set.jpg  
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 03-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Be excellent to each other. - Rufus

"You can get so exact that you immobilize yourself with accuracy" - James Krenov

Pocket hole jigs are very handy. You might want to stroll on over to McFeely's..
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    Pocket hole jigs are very handy. You might want to stroll on over to McFeely's..
    Believe it or not my local True Value Hardware stocks a very good assortment.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have had one for about 7 years. I made this "jig" that keeps the material size, collar position, jig offset and screw length handy as well as does a quick job of setting the collar position. Loosen the collar, slip the drill in the hole till it bottoms out, tighten the collar and go. The mini gets in a lot of tight spots and is especially good if you want to add a pocket hole 'after the fact' .
    That's a neat idea, I may have to steal it...
    So mote it be.

http://www.SCAregalia.com - Masonic regalia and supply
    Save 10% with the code: BROTHER

+1 on the like it
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.