winged bowl

Finally got a chance to turn something.:D This is a piece of maple burl that i didn't know what else to make out of it.As it was turned out of center it didn't sit flat, so i added the little foot to it .it's about 10 1/2x 8x 1 1/2 and finished with multi coats shellac, multi coats lacquar. Lacquar is knocked down and will wax and buff later.001 [800x600].JPG012 [800x600].JPG004 [800x600].JPG

Last edited:
Nicely done, Steve. :thumb: That pretty piece of burl looks like it has the potential to be a real finger-biter on the lathe.

That's a cool looking bowl:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I would have been wearing full body armor waiting for that end to fly off and get me.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't think I would have tried that with that piece of wood. But you sure pulled that off nicely.
Dennis

I'm with Chuck T. I wonder if I could get one of those suits of armor that they have in museums. I bet I could find one my size.

Downside: I would have to wear really good ear protection. If part of that burl flew off and hit the armor it would probably ring like Kusimoto's (spelling = ?) bell tower. I can see the headlines now, "DEAFNESS CAUSED BY FLYING WOOD."

It would sure make me into a ring-a-ding turner in a hurry.

Enjoy,

JimB