First day off today since receving my shipment from Target Coatings. I bought EM-6000, EM-9300 (9300 shipped by mistake - I had ordered 9000) and some retarder. I decided to try out the 6000 - put some into a quart mason jar with 10% retarder and 10% distrilled water - mixed it up and put some in my airbrush with larger tip to try spraying. I chucked up a large vessel I had sanded and dyed as a practice pc to try it out on.
At 30 plus psi it was to hard to spray so I dumped a bit out and added some more water - sprayed very well but I had made it to thin and it made runs all over the place on the vessel. I wasn't sure what to do after it dried but thought I was playing around anyway so I soaked a rag with DNA and wiped it down - didn't look bad actually - let dry well, sanded lightly - then added just the 6000 to the spray bottlle to stiffen the mix up and tried again. This time it sprayed on very well - let dry for awhile and added 2 more coats with drying time in between.
See Pic Below - It was going to be a scrap pc just to practice and play with - Now, Im thinking I like it so ill try to add a few more coats or so and see how it goes....................
Note: I have a bunch of plastic small medicine cups with oz markings - Ill try tomm to make up some small batches and keep accurate record of the measurements for future mixing now that I have a idea about what im doing...........LOL