A tidy up week

Chas Jones

Well I'm afraid that there has been a little break in spinney activities.
Boss put her foot down and said something had to be done about wood storage encroaching on her domain.
So having contributed some £254 hard earned pension funds at the local sawmill and builders merchants, the past week has been spent assembling said purchases into something to keep the rain out and shifting some of the scattered 'must keeps' into some form of order.
Just hope I can remember where that piece I want next week was stacked at the back of the racks.
DSCN3168 (Medium).JPGDSCN3167 (Medium).JPG

Basic framing, roof joists and rack supports 88 X 38 mm.
Feather edge ex. 25 X 150mm.
50 X 25 mm slats for racks
Three sheets of 3mm Onduline.
125mm Rd Hd nails
75mm wood screws
50mm galvanized Rd Hd nails.
All timber pressure treated at source.
Just a bit of timber needed along the long side roof edge to finally tidy up the roofing fixing.

Nice work Chas. You sure got a stock of wood there. But i guess a guy with your abilities can rip through that lot in no time. I guess it helps having the forests close to hand.

Btw are the forests crown lands? Just wondering whether you have to get Her Majesties approval to take a downed log or two. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

... Nice job..except now there is less garden space.
No loss of garden space, just lost a small 'spare' Greenhouse that was under utilised these days . . Got another half acre to fill yet.
:)

Nice work Chas. You sure got a stock of wood there.
......That's about half of the stash, some still to be moved in, (there is still space in there honest) but as the rest is on my teritory Boss won't be cracking the whip too much.

Btw are the forests crown lands? Just wondering whether you have to get Her Majesties approval to take a downed log or two. :)
Mixture of private, wildlife/conservation organisations etc. Fortunately we have enough local friends that obtaining a supply is not a problem, mind you some of the more prominent land owners would be more difficult to deal with directly than Her Maj. but then you just have to be friendly with their estate workers instead.:)