Hello from Nebraska!

Jake Vrbka

Hey everyone, my name is Jake and I'm new to this Site, and fairly new to woodworking. I'm a railroader by day, but am starting to get more into woodworking at night. Most of the stuff I've done so far has been smaller stuff, usually with a scroll saw. I've been wanting to learn to build furniture for awhile. I've built a set of bunkbeds for my kids a few years ago. They were a really basic, easy design. I'm currently working on a kitchen table for my wife.

I look forward to learning lots of good advice and tips from everyone on here!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and thanks Vaughn! I was worried there might be more of us Vrbka's in here. That's never a good thing! Lol

Hi Jake and welcome to the Family.

Only a few days ago we had another, new to Family Woodworking, railroad man. It must be "catching."

My dad was a Santa Fe Railroad machinist before I was born. I also had a bunch of other relatives that worked for Santa Fe RR.

Enjoy,

JimB

ps Welcome Again!!

Thanks Jim. I'm a carman for BNSF. I found there is quite a few guys I work with that are getting more into woodworking! I love being able to look at something and know that I built it!