Thread: What's up for the weekend?

Amherst, New Hampshire

What's up for the weekend?

I haven't seen an "Its Friday" post yet so I thought I'd get one going.

For me it's the first weekend in awhile with no real plans. The in-laws are doing better so I don't think that we are heading down to see them. I'm dealing with the back pain a little bit better so I may try blowing leaves to clean up some of the winter mess or maybe try a few small shop projects. For some reason the billions of acorns that plagued me last year have been replaced with the same amount of pine cones this year

I cut up a bunch of apple tree branches a few months ago into pen blanks and I've been curious how they will turn out. May have to give it a try.

If anyone would like a few for just shipping charges let me know.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Delton, Michigan
    well had the first night activities for the vets and now have today to take one of them fishun and the last evening event will be tonight..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Thomasville, GA
    I'm actually getting some shop time this morning (Saturday). LOML works for the City of Thomasville and volunteered to work at the 2012 Housing Expo until about 2pm. I'll pick her up and we'll head somewhere for dinner.

Sunday will be the usual routine: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out for the race. If the weather isn't bad, I'll probably throw something on the grill for dinner.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    I am going to work on my golf swing a little, as the wound from the quad bypass has healed enough. Other than that, sharpening planes and scrapers that I didn't get to last weekend.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Working on the house some today, finally finishing up the stairs and painting. Been trying to get the CNC Router going, having a few computer issues with it still. Tomorrow I need to get out and get a lot of mowing done and the beds in the back cleaned up.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Escondido, CA
    I have a cool day planned. Five little guys will celebrate their First Communion tomorrow. Today we are all (parents too) meeting at my house. Last class, BB ribs and goodies picnic, practice for tomorrow, and making the bread for Communion. Special day! Then putting a wax job on the new Communion table for tomorrow. Food and woodworking. A good day.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Attempting to make some frames for the cedar cab door panels my mom suckered me into making.
    Hopefully turn the last of the template pieces for the yarn swift project then I can blow out the other three copies (unlikely to get that all done but who knows).
    And immediately.. walk 7+ miles for lomls half marathon training program (I'm the motivator)... speaking of which - there's the look.. gotta go!

ABQ NM
    Closest I'm coming to woodworking this weekend is the sanding I did on some old exterior door trim while prepping it for paint. Not much else of interest going on here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Malcolm, NE
    Yard work and hopefully working on my kitchen table some more!

falcon heights, minnesota
    printing out the newest version of my pedigree chart (darned genealogy), up to 479 pages now.
    benedictione omnes bene