fill holes in foundation

Chuck Beland

Guys, we had the old oil tank in our basement taken out & according to them the fill pipes must be taken out also. So they took them out & put a tad bit of expanding foam inside. I want to fill them with either concrete or something similar.

What is the best thing to use & how do I do it? I really don't want to get a 50lb bag of cement to fill 2 small 3" holes.

Thanks

The concrete patch stuff from the Borg should work fine, Chuck. Out of curiosity, is there a problem with the expanding foam? I'd think it's as good of or better seal than a concrete patch.

Another vote for the hydraulic cement. Expands a bit as it dries, and makes a waterproof seal that'll last somewhere near forever. Gotta work fairly quickly with it, though - it begins to harden after only a few minutes.

I used some of that hydraulic cement to patch some cracks in a pre-cast concrete irrigation tank last year. Worked great!

It comes in little buckets, so no worries about a 50# bag.

(To be honest, the 'pre-cast irrigation tank' is something that most folks have buried underground and use for fluids other than water. Just another one of the 'creative' solutions the previous owners installed here)

Vaughn,
They only put in about 2" of foam just to keep out small insects & the foundation is about 8" thick.

Thanks, I'll go get some of the hydraulic cement.